Parent help.

Ok,My household is like communist asia....

My parents are like hitler when it comes to things like music/movies and video games,they threw out about $200 dollars worth of CD's (metallica,megadeth,disturbed) without my consent,and now they want to go through my computer! have they ever heard of privacy!

My mum is the main person behind it all,my dad's CD Collection is just as bad (if you want to put it that way) yet he can be a COMPLETE Hypocrite and not worry about that at all.

I Go behind there back on PURPOSE To keep sane and not end up like a douche bag (Like my brother),yet if they knew,they just would not understand.

And still my parents dont understand why i wont open up to them,if i do i get punished,ignored or i get the cold shoulder for just voicing my opinions,it seems like everything i do is wrong and evil,they wonder why im always stressed and on edge,they wonder why i want to finish this course and find a job!

In a roundabout way of saying it,i live in a family of communistic,perdantic,hypocrtical hitler like,self righteous people.

If my parents were reading this RIGHT now,i swear,i would be kicked out.lol.

LOL,Just my rant for the night :(

Ok,My household is like communist asia....

My parents are like hitler when it comes to things like music/movies and video games,they threw out about $200 dollars worth of CD's (metallica,megadeth,disturbed) without my consent,and now they want to go through my computer! have they ever heard of privacy!

Let me ask you this, do you pay for the electrical bill? Do you pay for the mortgage? Do you provide any income at all to the family in a whole?

Yep,i have to contribute to the electrical bill.I Dont get any pocket money,i have to earn it all my self.I pay for my phone my self,if i want to go some where i have to pay for my self.I Know i was just given $500 (Month or two back) as a gift,and i appreciate that,but the doesnt cover keeping your sanity.

I Know it seems like im whinging i just wanted somewhere to vent LOL.

Outta curiosity did they ever say "you can't have this kind of music" I'm assuming so i just want to be sure.

Also do you own your computer or did your parents pay for it?

Move out.

Situation solved

Edit: Just saw that you are 15....lol.....in that case, you're living under your parents roof, you do what they say. However unfair it may seem, you should follow their rules.

create two user accounts.

enable XP traditional logon screen rather than fat user switching screen.

set group policy not to cache the username box.

create a user Neodude, with profile folders protected and encrypted, and hide them.

now create a user called whatever your real name is and just use it occasionally.

if you can't create a new account then in the very least put anythingn that you don't want your parents to find in hidden folders or on a USB pen drive so that you can take it with you, use fire fox and set it to automatically clear history and cookies.

OR...

be completely open with your parents, help them to go through the computer showing them how you;re not visiting site that are bad, show then that you can be trusted. also let them know that it's not nice to you that they don't trust you and feel the need to check up on you.

I mean by the time you get to 15 I think that you should be able to be trusted.

if you can't create a new account then in the very least put anythingn that you don't want your parents to find in hidden folders or on a USB pen drive so that you can take it with you, use fire fox and set it to automatically clear history and cookies.

I use the Firefox trick. I clear everything, however it's mostly for security and optimum speeds.

Thanks for the ideas root but im just gonna use Acronis true image,im going to make a hardrive image,and then parent proofing my computer LOL.

After they have inspected it,format my hardrive,and put the image back on my hardrive :D.

Also i have all my stuff i dont want them to find on my external hardrive,AND on my phone memory card :D

Back
Top Bottom