Problem with computer, screen problems

xxsomethingxx1

Baseband Member
I recently just built one. Only problem is the screen won't turn on. I have no idea what the problem is.

Here is what I have...
motherboard - MB ASUS P5Q SE/R 775 P45 RT
video card - VGA XFX GX260NADF9 GTX260 896M RT
monitor - MNTR HANNSG|LCD 19" 5MS JW-197DPB R
cpu - CPU INTEL|C2D E8400 3G 775 45N R
ram - MEM 2Gx2|CORS TWIN2X4096-6400C5 R

What is the problem here? I has no connection to it but I don't know what to do to fix it.

Another problem I have is taht when I turn it on the computer will turn back off for 2 seconds then stay back on. What's the problem here?

it could be a lot of problems, we might need more infos.
some questions....
did you put spacers on your case so your motherboard wont short out.
did you connect your graphics card with an PCI-E connector for the card to have power?
Whats your PSU?
does it have enough Power for your system?
take everything apart, and redo everything.

hmm, seems like you have enough power.
guess the only thing you can do is to reseat everything.
and if that still dont work, then maybe something is DOA?

unless somebody has another suggestion.

Ok, I just took apart the computer but I can't get the video card out. My motherboard is like half the size of a normal one and the video card is like two times the size of a normal one... so... It's difficult to get out. What do I do? How is the clip moved to unlatch the fking video card? The monitor was hooked up to the video card so I'm taking that out to see if there's a problem with it. I've been sitting here trying to get the stupid thing undone but I can't figure out how to unlatch it. Any help would be amazing.

for the little white latch thing in the front, you get one of your finger, and push it, then use your other hand to pull the card out, but dont force it out to the point of breakage.
if its the back being stuck, what i did was take all the screws out of the mobo and took the mobo out, set it on the anti static bag, then i took the graphics card out.

The motherboard is out. But it's not helping. My fingers are too big to fit down there to flip the switch. The graphics card is literally sticking over the side of the motherboard...Is there a different way to take it out besides the switch?

picture017ep4.jpg
[/URL]

I have no idea what to do here.

i dont think so, maybe take a stick and move it?

EDIT - wow, thats a big card on a mATX....

Back
Top Bottom