Car Radio Trouble

Metalwolf

Baseband Member
Hello. As you can guess I am having trouble with my car radio. I just bought a new car radio last night and I just wired it up today. Everything looks in place but there is no sound. The car is a Pontiac Bonneville 94. There is 2 green wires, a grey wire, and a yellow wire that are unhooked. I believe those may power an amp but im not sure. Anyone have experience with this?

What did you use to connect the factory harness to the radio harness? Did you use one of those connectors that you have to wire to the radio's wires? What kind of radio is it, aftermarket or a stock one from another car?

Make sure you have good connections on the speaker wires. Are you sure the radio isn't dead? Have you tried different sources?

I've done this a number of times on GM cars, my 90 pontiac grand am and my 97 Lumina, as well as my first car, an 87 cavalier. The wiring harness I used in the 90 grand am was compatible with my 97 lumina that I have now, gm connectors are the same up until like 99 or something.

When I replaced my radio with an aftermarket, I just bought a wire harness that connected right into my factory harness as not to hack into the actual harness. The wires were color coded and labeled right on the wire, so it was pretty self explanatory. I'm not sure what you did, but you need to buy some kind of harness that connects into your factory harness. If you hacked into your factory harness, that wasn't the greatest idea, but it should still work if wired up correctly.

Try to find a wiring diagram for your radio and car. That helped me some. On mine, I think there's some wires I didn't use, not sure where they came from (radio or car harness). One was blue for sure, one was orange or yellow, there may have been more...

Back
Top Bottom