Cant get Aero to work in Vista...

k0409964

In Runtime
I can get Aero to work in Vista, i have a fully legal copy of Home Premium and it wont let me use Aero it gives my comp a rating of one, its a laptop and the spec is below in the sig, is there anyway to fix this.

it is so stupid as it will play HL2 fine but according to Microsoft is not good enough for Vista.

rating.jpg

9600 ATi

Anyways thats really weird. I know my computer is so slow it's very annoying to use this computer and i really doubt it will run HL2 without it killingself first.

I guess it thinks of a Pentium M processor as being to slow. A mobile processor right? Geforce 6600 is basically the same as my 9600. Probably better...

Microsoft recommends the following minimum hardware to run Windows Vista Aero:

* 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
* 1 GB (1 gigabyte) of memory
* graphics processor with minimum of 128 MB graphics memory, which supports DirectX 9, with a Windows Display Driver Model driver, Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware, and 32 bits per pixel

For best results, follow these graphics memory recommendations:

* 64 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor with a resolution that is less than 1,310,720 pixels (for example, a 17–inch flat panel LCD monitor that has a 1280 × 1024 resolution)
* 128 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor with a resolution from 1,310,720 to 2,304,000 pixels (for example, a 21.1–inch flat panel LCD monitor that has up to a 1600 × 1200 resolution)
* 256 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor with a resolution greater than 2,304,000 pixels (for example, a 30–inch wide-screen flat panel LCD monitor that has up to a 2560 × 1600 resolution)

if you meet those requirements, then maybe go to the theme and see if theres a windows aero theme

Okay, so i have sorted it out and it ran Aero automatically with a restart.

I had to install new drivers for my 6600 go, and the problem is cant just d/l normal drivers you have to go to the manufacture of your laptop, now my manufacturer (Hi-Grade) did not have any so i found a web site that mods the INF of the standard gforce drivers available for the desktop machines so they work on laptops.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

and installed them and hey presto it all worked fine!!

thanks for your help and i hope this helps anyone else who needs it.

Back
Top Bottom