HELP my computer wont turn on...

Gateway_gtxxxxx

In Runtime
my computer was on standby then i went to turn it on, i usually hit enter two times and it turns on but this time the desktop flashed and then it turned off.

then i turned on the computer and it made three long beeps and does not start up (no picture on the screen) but the fan keeps running until i turn it off from the off button

i did some research on it and found that it might be a memory problem and i should reset it but how do i do that? do i remove a pin or something?
Help please

I would unplug the power cord and then press the power button on the front of the computer. Wait about 30 seconds and plug the computer back in and try to turn it on again. This has worked for me many times with many different computers in the past. Good luck!!

I would unplug the power cord and then press the power button on the front of the computer. Wait about 30 seconds and plug the computer back in and try to turn it on again. This has worked for me many times with many different computers in the past. Good luck!!

i tried this a couple times and it didn't work, but thanks for the info

your memory are those long flat things that are on the motherboard. if you have more than one stick of memory I would try taking one out and booting up.

yeah i had a simular problem to that, I used to have an older hp desktop that could only allow 512mb of RAM on the mobo max, and I tried putting another like 168mb or something like that on it, and right as I put it in and turned it on i got 3 beeps kinda like what you said and it won't turn on again, i think i fried my motherboard but I am not sure about your problem....could it be the power supply?

the 3 long beeps usually signifies that theres a bad ram or the slot.
i would recommend reading your manual as it should tell you what each beeps mean, or simply google it.
Post beeps helps you determine the problem easily, but depending on the bios there are different post beeps.

Back
Top Bottom