PC Help!

Well, you have a few things wrong with that. One, get the original Crysis. The original Crysis is A LOT better looking than Warhead. Two, Play on Vista to actually use DX10. Three, that's no $600 dollar build. If you had to pay for Vista it would be a whole bunch more.

Also,JoeBro, I would just save up more money. If you want a gaming computer you can't cheap out of the video card first of all. Get about $600 and a 8800GT and you would be okay. $800 for me in the minimum for a gaming PC, but that's just me.

I had the original Crysis. I borrowed it from my cousin though. I deleted it because I finished the game and wasn't a fan of the multiplayer. I'm not a fan of Vista. I gave it a chance and didn't like it. I wouldn't go to Vista, ONLY for DirectX 10.It's not worth it to me. I can run enthusiast setings on Warhead. In my opinion, Warhead is better than the first Crysis. Sorry to anyone who thinks otherwise. But that's just my personal opinion.

Processor:$189.99
GFX: $110.99
RAM: $44.00
Motherboard: $89.99
Case: $75.98
Total: $510.95

you forgot to add an optical drive, and an PSU to your price.

I think Vista is so much better after the SP1 update, and having a Legit Vista which makes it so much better. Them pirated ones suck.
One reason why i didnt like vista was because of the drivers, and the security thing, but the security thing can be disabled easily, and after i got some new hardware and stuff, i had no driver problems.
one thing i really like about Vista is transferring files from one place to another, especially if you are running out of space, vista would tell you if you dont have enough space. While XP, you have to wait and have it transfer then later saying it couldnt complete anymore. My transfers take like 30 - 60 minutes because i transfer like 40gb each time, and i get annoyed when theres like 5 minutes left and XP said i cant transfer anymore.

Well, I decided to push it and was thinking on spending up to $70 - maybe $80. Maybe even more IF the mail-in-rebates are within the price range I listed (ex. video card is $115, but with mail-in-rebates is $80). I looked at the requirements for Crysis for the video card and the processor, and the processor (that comes with that Compaq PC I was talking about earlier) fits within the limits and the video cards I'm researching also fall within the requirements. I'm trying to figure out if I should buy from ATI or NVIDIA. Both companies have good video cards, but I'm just not sure. I do tend towards NVIDIA though because it is SO much easier to tell how good your graphics card is just by seeing the number (somewhat). So what is your opinion on which video card company is better?

everybody has their own opinions about which one is better between ATI and nVidia. You are pretty much going to get an mix. You just have to try them out and see for yourself to see how each are.

Most here likes ATI so far because of how good the 48XX series are doing so far in price compared to the nVidia 2XX series. But they are not fanboys, they just go with which one performs better for the price. Sometimes ATI wins, and sometimes nVidia wins. It all depends on which one you like and your budget.
I think ATI is cheaper than nVidia. I have used both, and they both are great, i had 2 ATI cards before, and i have an 8800GT right now. If i sell my 8800GT to this one guy, then i would choose between an 9800GTX+ or an 4850, and of course one is nVidia, and the other is ATI. They both seem like great cards, and close to the same price range.

EDIT - Heres on thats $84.99, but have to pay Shipping, but it has an $10 MIR.
EVGA 384-P3-N965-TR GeForce 9600 GSO 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

other than that heres these cards that are good. But they are a bit out of your price range...
XFX PVT88SFDD4 GeForce 8800GS XXX 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
PNY VCG96512GXEB GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102715

or of course, a really good card for the price..
the PNY VCG88512GXEB-FLB GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card for $111.

Back
Top Bottom