Any Ideas?

cavemangrinder

Fully Optimized
Ok well. I just shipped my computer to myself via Fedex and I got it all connected. The thing is now that the monitor I have it connected on it goes out right after the Windows XP splash screen and never gets to my desktop screen. The monitor turns off as if the computer was shut down. What do you guys recommend I try as a fix or what it causing this problem?

Oh yeah just to let you know, I connected the same monitor to my laptop and it works fine.

DOes the computer itself stay on, or does the computer turn off too?

for grins, try connecting your monitor into the other output on your video card.

This isn't a dell vostro 200 by any chance is it? They are know for this same issue.

Can you boot into safe mode? Try tapping F8 after the bios screen and see what happens.

DOes the computer itself stay on, or does the computer turn off too?

for grins, try connecting your monitor into the other output on your video card.

Well, the computer itself stays on normally. I also tried using the other output on the card as well but its the same result. Just for more info, its the computer in my sig.

Try booting into safe mode, and un-installing the video drivers and re-installing them.

Something seems to be triggering which is stopping your monitor from being able to capture the video.

Maybe the hz is set too high for some reason, or the resolution set too high, and your laptop output works with it.

I had this problem last week. Tried for hours uninstalling and reinstalling my 9800GT drivers but still wouldn't work. Found a tip on the net to try turning off the computer and monitor and unplugging them from the power and leave off for half hour or so. Then plug in and fire up again. Worked for me.

I will try those things out today and see what happens. Thanks for the tips guys, if anyone else has any more ideas please let me know.

i used to have that problem turns out that i set the resolution too high.

It's gotta be an output issue, unless is your monitor outdated for the deskto? that's the only thing I can think of, but monitors are never outdated for like anypc hmmm

Back
Top Bottom