Error 339

Berne

In Runtime
Hi,

I am getting a message which is stopping a few of my programes running.

' Runtime Error 339 '...Componenent SYSINFO.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid.

Also my PC tools states that the threat is 'medium' Worm BV...DC...?

What can I do in this situation? All good advice welcome.

Regards,

Berne:(

OK, well, what have you done so far to fix the worm that you have? I would assume that you have tried to remove it. After that I would take a look at microsoft for an answer your error.

I did the a little of the looking for you and found that the runtime error 339 can be a long list of things. Can you start by telling us what version of windows you are using?

Start with that stuff and work from there.
Cheers!

Hi,

Sys Stat:

WinXP Home/ Anti Virus Advanced Sys Care 3 Beta 3.1.0 I have run the full functionality for the record.

I have also the trial version of PC TOOLS installed and I ran a full file checker with this suite, and yet the ' Error 339 ' is still poping up when I try to activate a logging database I use, the creator of the database is widely respected and tells me that its not an issue from within his scripting?

Adv Sys Care has a security addon - known as the sys file checker and after running this no worm was detected, in fact nothing was detected?

I will look into the microsoft website and see if there is anything there to assist, thanks for the tip.

Reply when time permits with any questions, Illl post when issue is resolved.

Berne:confused:

Try running the following at the command line :regsvr32 "c: program filespsiwinSysinfo.ocx" without the space between the "c: p", and quotes.

You will need to check the path to the sysinfo.ocx file.

Cheers!

Hi,

Issue resolved....reinstalling the programe did the trick.

Thanks for the replies.

Berne:)

Back
Top Bottom