my car amp thread :D

16 and 18 is 34 amps. that gives you 408 watts, so if you did splice them together to use I would not put the amp over 8, but I doubt you would want that much bass anyways.

Ive wanted to do this forever. But I keep cycling thru the amps in my car, none ever make it to my room LOL!

Ill be honest though. To do the power he says (900wrms), he has LESS Then half the amps required to do it. Voltage drops are not normal like he says, and they can hurt an amplifier, and most usually amps do rated power at 14.4v because that is what the charging system in your car puts out at the alternator and thats what these amps are mad for. You dont get the RMS wattage at 12.7v unless it states so.

For 1000rms watts contentious you need about 60 amps. Like my amp in my car, I need like 72 amps because its a 1300wrms amp. I personally wouldnt think about using any high end stuff with any cheapo supply like he says. Use nice things so you dont burn down your house when either or fail.

okay so if i was to use the 18amp PSU then it would work out for a 400watt amp? im not gonna be cranking it high and its only gonna be pushin my sub that can only handle up to ~300watts at the most.

I think that if you put them together (spliced the two psu's) then it should work.

just have a fire extinguisher nearby.

I dont think he was serious. Honestly though i'm not sure how smart it would be to run two different ones together on the sam amp at the same time.

I personally have never even heard of two of the same ones being run at the same time. But then again, i've never looked into this very hard.

BTW I would use the bottom on out of your picture.

Pretty much in the video.

Since you wont have it powered off a battery you can always have it on depending on the amp and how hot it gets. But what you do is you take the power wire from the PSU and use a jumper cable (DO NOTTTT!!!! use a freaking small ass metal wire like he did)and connect the two. You put that in the 12+ constant on the amp. You ground it like so, and you run a jumper cable from the 12+ on the amp over to the remote turn on. There it will always be turned on, waiting to receive a signal.

From there on you just plug in the RCAs and run speaker wire as needed.

I have never done this, so dont quote me. If you dont feel that i'm right, verify with someone else before attempting.

Back
Top Bottom