Ways for a 13 year old to make money.

StratosP

Fully Optimized
Hello! I want to start making some money since all I get from my family is around $4 a month for the school canteen, and if I say that I will do more chores, mum will say "But you should be doing chores anyway, why should I pay you?"

So I have been looking at some PTC sites, and thought of other stuff like doing work around my suburb, online etc.

But if I find something online it asks for AlertPay, PayPal, Bank Account etc...which I do not have...

And I can't do those jobs like babysit because I know my parents won't let me.
So what's a good way for a 13 year old to make money? Online or Outdoors I don't care.

This thread can also be a good source for other "younger" beings to search for ideas.

Thank you all for your help! =]
-Stratos

I'm 16 and I signed up to tutor math at school. I'm still waiting for a call, but my Calculus teacher said I can charge anywhere from $10-20/hour depending on the level of mathematics. I'm going to do $10/hour for Algebra 2 and blow $15/hour for Trigonometry and Statistics. I know someone in my Calc class who found a pupil who needed help in Trig. He's getting paid $20/hour. So tutoring would be a good idea.

Hello! I want to start making some money since all I get from my family is around $4 a month for the school canteen, and if I say that I will do more chores, mum will say "But you should be doing chores anyway, why should I pay you?"

my mom says the exact same thing.

JogaBonito1502 said:
I'm 16 and I signed up to tutor math at school. I'm still waiting for a call, but my Calculus teacher said I can charge anywhere from $10-20/hour depending on the level of mathematics. I'm going to do $10/hour for Algebra 2 and blow $15/hour for Trigonometry and Statistics. I know someone in my Calc class who found a pupil who needed help in Trig. He's getting paid $20/hour. So tutoring would be a good idea.

but thats only if you are good at that subject, if he was like me, i wouldnt be a good tutor since i am not good at a certain subject but more of an average on all classes.

when i was 13, i went to my friends house, and ask their parents if they have any chores that my friends wouldnt do, and i will do it, and they accept. I get like $20 to wash a dog, $15 to clean out a car, and etc.

or you can ask for one of your parents credit card, open an ebay account, and sell any things you dont need anymore. I made about $400 selling things on ebay, but they were a guitar stuff, and rare games... like really rare, where theres only like 1 in every 100 gamestop stores, and they still go for $50+ on ebay.

another thing you can do is if you got a "pandora battery" which downgrade psps, just go around school and ask people if they want their psp downgraded and charge like $20 , thats what i charge or less if you want.

Depending on wher eyou live, cut grass. You can easily get like $15 a yard.

Buy candy before school, sell it to friends for a 10-20 cent markup. It's slow, but hey, kids like candy. I used to do that and you can make anywhere between 2-4 usd a day if you get like 20 bars/bags (That doesnt sound like makin money, but hey, It made for having a bit of spending money at weekend football games at my school)

And like celegorm said, you can mow lawns. But say you live somewhere where people ont have lawns, you can offer to clean out gutters, winters coming up, shovel drive ways (lots of money in that in the northern areas, ive got a few friends that did that when i was younger, get a block of houses to pay him x ammount of money to shovel their drive way every time it would snow their cars in, and he would just wake up an hour early every day, go check their driveways, do it, collect money when they got home from work that evening

Here's something that I'm not sure on: around here, you can do community service work, and get paid 10 usd an hour for it. im not sure if that would be the same if youre a minor, but its worth checking in to.

also, there should be a disclaimer on the door to door work. make sure you know your neighbors before you walk up to their door and possibly get abducted. get your parents permission first, and make sure they know when youre going to someones house so (nock on wood) if anything happened to you, they would know where you were last

Depending on wher eyou live, cut grass. You can easily get like $15 a yard.

I'd get about $25 per half hour to cut lawns. granted, I've done it so much that I can do it very fast (and I keep the blade uber sharp so I'm basically running the whole time)

I'd also get about $50 for leaf raking. That job is a pain, but the money is great.

I cut lawns most of my childhood. Nice Income if you truly work your ass off. I was lucky enough to be the next door neighbor of a professional carpenter/contractor. I used to go over to his garage every day and just pick up on everything. I tagged along on jobs, helped out, etc. Let me tell you, If you can pick this up, Do it, Because you can always fall back onto it if all else fails,(with work, or your own home.). He was self employed and his own boss making upwards of a quarter million a year.

Back
Top Bottom