Do burglars strike twice?

I think it may be over.:) Not a single soul I don't know of is getting in this house anymore. Everything seems to be back to normal. No weird happenings execpt for the morning after that event. A silver suv passed slowly by my house I didn't recogize and when I came out the door they sped off.:eek: Wierd. But, Man I love hearing the chime of my alarm system and knowing no one is or has been in my house.
P.S. When I called the cops for buglary it took them 45 mins. To come out to my house.(didn't even check if the guy was still in there. UGH!) If I wasn't home everything WOULD have been gone in that long of time.

I feel the same way you do on the matter, But legally, Whole new ballgame. Legally, If someone broke into your home and was in the process of stealing EVERY LAST thing you owned, You can not, I repeat, CAN NOT shoot them. The only grounds for you using deadly force are if you or your families life is in danger, and by God you better pray you can prove that it was.

Kansas now has a law allowing shoot to kill if somebody is unlawfully on your property. A warning shot must be fired prior, but I haven't heard of one incident where this has happened yet.

I personally keep shotgun shells in my room and a shotgun just downstairs which is extremely easy to get to. We also have a 9MM loaded at all times just in case. (Yes they are locked, and no we don't have children running around. No grandkids for my parents yet, lol.)

In Brazil this things happened a lot. The street I lived in every house got robbed at least once. My house got robbed twice. Once before we lived there: the guy slid through 10" of glass between two parts of a window. The second time one of our bikes got stolen. And in Brazil, houses have walls surrounding the garden, so I have no idea how the guy got the bike out.

Over here everything is pretty relaxed compared to Brazil. We don't keep any guns, not even BBs. We have the alarm on at night and when we're out. Also all doors and windows are closed. I also keep my blinds closed at all times when I'm not home. Downstairs there's no door leading out and our stairs make a U, which makes it extremely hard to carry stuff upstairs that is pretty big. The chances of our 52" HDTV being stolen are practically zero.

Back
Top Bottom