Locked out of a Laptop

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
My friend is in the army, he was about to go to kuwait. He bought himself a Satellite P200 laptop (Toshiba) to play on, all was well. It has a nice little finger print scanner and everything..
Well, when he got home he opened it up and somewhere along the flight it got a big crack through the screen. This was at the begining of summer. He bought the laptop on oct. 31.

I looked it up on Toshiba.com and it's a nice laptop, I would never buy it because of its appearance.. but it does have a huge screen and a full keyboard.

I called toshiba about the warrenty and they said it doesn't cover cracked screens. My friend (gave me the lappy btw) forgot his pass, it doesn't recognize his print, and lost the recovery disk, which was the "only way" to reset the pass, said a toshiba representative. I'm about to call them up again tomorrow and see if a new recovery disk was covered under warrenty because I don't feel like getting my hands on XP.

When I turn on the laptop it asks you to scan your finger and it also says [or] press backspace to enter the bios password.

Doesn't know the bios pass. You can't get to the boot menu, and I tried putting my IDE hdd in his laptop to find out the lappy is SATA.

Any Ideas??

It's Vista Basic btw.

Thanks

-Q

And I'm about 300 miles from the laptop now, should be back home in about 6 hours though ;)

Oh, and the Toshiba rep. told me that the base price was 425$ to send it in... F that! For the screen lol. Then he wouldn't know how much it would cost for the replacement. I can just by another laptop for that :p He told me to take it to geeksquad and see if it's under a warrenty there. I have dealt with peoples laptops that have been bought from BB and the warrent covers one cracked screen though. I hope this one is covered to. If it costs to much I will just buy another LCD monitor in addition to me 24" LCD and use it for a second desktop. When I don't have the laptop I will have dual monitors on my built desktop!!

you can try to find the Vista ISO online and download it, and use the the serial key under the laptop to register.

my friend broke his screen once, but it wasnt his fault, a couple of people was rough housing. he knew some people that can repair laptops, and i think he couldve got it repaired for $180 or something, his friend agree to pay since he was the one that broke his laptop.

Back
Top Bottom