AMD or Intel

Sure, their top stuff performs better than AMD has to offer, but you can build a great bang for you buck AMD system.

AMD or Intel is a stupid argument. It COMPLETELY depends on your personal budget and the performance you can afford. Nobody can deny that Intel has much better performance, yet not all can afford that performance. AMD is an absolutely awesome alternative for budget performance which Intel cannot offer.

when i go to my local micro center, most of the AMD is usually sold out, so its harder for me to get an AMD processor when i need it.
while theres still quite a lot of Intel, but according to them, an Intel processor can only be sold 1 per customer.

at microcenter you can get an E7200 for $100 while the 6000+ for $90.
From the reviews i see, the E7200 beats the 6000+, even though the 6000+ is clocked higher. So when getting those 2 processors, it doesnt really come to budgets.

Requirements to restart computers during SQL Server Setup: Installation of the .NET Framework requires a restart of the operating system. If Windows Installer installation also requires a restart, Setup will wait until the .NET Framework and Windows Installer components have installed before restart.
--------------------------
jennifertom

http://[url]"="amd or intel"[url]

but you cant compare the power of two physical processors to the power of one

thats like saying my car has 300 horse power and my friends car has 300 horse power and so that is 600horse power when you add it together therefore its quicker than my dads car which has 450horse power

I agree with Cabbs. Intel's TOP stuff is better. But AMD can keep up with Intel. Their are benchmarks.

Back
Top Bottom