Download Schedule?

I Dont know how i would go about doing this,but my new data plan gives me 15gb of off peak downloads (12am - 7am).

How could i get my computer to turn on a 12am,start downloading (Either via torrent or http) and then stop and shutdown at 7am?

I don't know if it'll work, but you could try getting like all the torrents you want started (like 1%) before 12am and close out your torrent program. Then assuming you're using your desktop go into the control panel then the scheduler. Have it run the .exe for your torrent program at 12, and tell it to stop if the task lasts longer than seven hours.

Like I said, I don't know if that'll work, but it's defiantly worth a shot.

uTorrent has a built in scheduler. Open uTorrent, Options>Preferences>Scheduler and click on whichever squares you want to change their color according to the key.

I think i missed something. By turn on, do you mean computer is fully powered off, or just in a powersave mode?

Oh...I missed that too. Well, if your computer if powered off, it can't really turn itself on. However, you could just have it asleep, where it uses barely any power.

Set the computer to wake up at 11:59, then have it shut down at 7:00. You can do this via the scheduler. I'm not sure about having it shut down, but I know if you put in shutdown.exe -s -t 0 it'll shut down at whatever time you schedule.

Back
Top Bottom