District Rivalry - Fooball Game

So today was the football game between our school, Andover, and our district rival, Andover Central. Central was supposed to have a football team as good as a D3 team, maybe even D2 (according to my community service teacher). Guess what?! We it comes time for them to play us, they get scared. First half: 26-7 us. The ending was brilliant. 2 minutes left on the clock, Central has the ball, about 6 to goal. We hold them, to the 1. Then we get ball and shit happens. It's 4th, we're on our 1, 1:20 on the clock. The coach runs an ingenious play. Safety. They got 2 points and we kick. All we have to do now is hold them. Unfortunaly, the return is good and they're at our 19. Again, we hold them. We, get the ball, on our 16, 45 seconds on the clock. The QB takes the knee 3 times. We win. I think, considering we were supposed to be crushed, we showed a lot of heart. I lost my voice and tomorrow I have to go to what is called Trojan Nite (Olympics between class). If I even get my voice back it's going to be gone again.

another good football story here.

We were playing a team with 2 national picks. Our team has yet to win this year. We were supposed to get our asses handed to us in brown paper bags. First quarter we were doing pretty good. Then we get a crazy touchdown play, where the dude was tackled over the corner post and all that NFL review reel stuff. Then a flag appears. We were first and goal when this play was made. Now we are on the 30 first and 10 I think it was. Coach came out and started to argue with the ref. And I must say, that is how it goes down every time- in the NFL, the MLB, and in 8u baseball (another good story) So, we take another crack at it. Same play (I think...) and what do you know, we get into the end zone agian.

And thats how we won 7-0 against a really good team. Lots of punting this game.

Well, we are a 4A school in Illinois. We played a school named Rockford Lutheren. Private school that DOES recruit. Obviously not for football though... We had our freshman in at the end. Won that game 32-0. We almost had a punt return for a touchdown. Next week we play our biggest rivals, Marengo, but it's not even that exciting... They suck. Last couple years we have beaten them like 46-0. They finally won there first football game in 3 YEARS against some new private school that barely had a team and was not even the same division. I heard some of the seniors were crying cause they had never seen their team win, lol.

Back
Top Bottom