Guru Lounge

You have to realize that the crap you get on the internet is probably x10 greater than in real life. People have not to worry about the consequences because the worst thing that can happen is a ban. I doubt half of the "trouble makers" here are trouble makers in real life. They keep it to themselves. I don't see why they can't do that in a forum.

But what crap has happened to you here that has destroyed your life? I'm willing to be nothing. Especially from "snappy comments" that you mentioned before.

Not like spamming...but the overall quality of posts would be lower. You know what I mean? Like posts would still be on topic, just people would rush their posts and they would be...crappier.

It doesn't destroy my life, but it gets pretty annoying. I could easily lower myself to their level and snap back, but I don't, and that's why it seems like it doesn't affect me. I hate when somebody makes a post, and because of personal tension between the person and another poster, the thread gets ruined. Pure lack of respect. Everybody does this now and then, however some do it all the time.

@Freestyle: I completely understand.

if people want this idea so bad then why not give it to the priv members. this would mean people could earn this reward by simply being a good member, regardless of their post count.

if people want this idea so bad then why not give it to the priv members. this would mean people could earn this reward by simply being a good member, regardless of their post count.

That I could live with. Privilaged members have already proved themselves are trustworth and good members so they hopefully they wouldn't abuse the private section.

I still oppose a private area for any member status, other than a moderator lounge obviously. The overall activity of the "open" portions of the forum will decrease and people will begin to think they're all that if there's a guru section OR a privileged member section.

This is a great idea. Can we use this idea? This is probably the perfect solution. This hits 2 birds with one rock. Because not only will it allow for the "top members" (quotes because priv. doesn't mean they're the top, many gurus who are great members) to have their little place, but also it will motivate others to become better.

What's up with you and having a private member section? There's absolutely no need for one, and it'll only create more tension on this forum.

If others could live with the current forums, you could to.

Back
Top Bottom