Guru Lounge

Thats exactly what I was thinking Lowndsey...

Again, I don't think Vbulletin has that feature anyway... i could be wrong though

on another forum i go to, it says i need at least 100 spam free posts to gain access, and by spam free, i mean the posts must have at least 5 words minimum, and contribute to the discussion.

another way to gain access is like to find like 5 references on this site that are "gurus", "mods", "admin", or even a guy that is well respected in the forums, and if those five agrees to let them join and tell the admin, or mods, then they can gain access.

I think it is a sound idea in theory if the right parameters could be found. I definitely don't think 1000 posts is the right one, it would promote too much spamming. I don't think there is any way to do it that everyone would agree to and be happy with, so I cannot see it working.

It wouldn't work because every one in that group would think they are better than every one else. There's enough inflated egos here already...

everyone in that group already thinks that they are better than everyone else.

anyway. it's a bad idea.
turn off post count in the social lounge and see how many helpful posts people actually have...

even then it's not a true count of how helpful someone has been, I could ask a thousand questions and reach guru status without ever helping anyone.

• Most "Gurus" here actually aren't and it's a mockery of the term
  • A Guru Lounge would just be another feature which David gives us after months of wrangling, gets forgotten about and everybody calls for its deletion a few months later
  • Why should the Gurus be given somewhere quiet away from the rest of the forum? There's no reason for it seeing as half the people here are Gurus
  • ... which brings me onto there not being enough ranks. 1000 posts is too low to become a Guru and there's nothing afterwards which leads to nearly everybody being the same rank, either increase the threshold or add more ranks entirely
  • As others have said, how many Gurus have you seen that haven't got there through spamming and talking abject shit?
  • This community isn't mature enough for this sort of thing

I've probably got more to say but I'm busy right now and have other things to be getting on with.

i can see both sides of this story, and im on both sides

i would love a Gurus only kinda thing, but then we are kinda putting ourself higher than everyone else

if this idea did go through, there shold be one for, atleast, senior members also

but i do like the ideas of gurus getting something, mabey custom little user titles or pics in sigs

Back
Top Bottom