I think I fried my laptop, How can I fix it? :(

smwoodruff0908

Beta member
Well, I have a laptop. The cord on it is slightly frayed at one point, so I put some electrical tape over it until I got a replacement charger for it. It had worked fine many, many times since then. Tonight it just turned off completely when I was in the middle of something when I slightly bumped it (very light bump with my leg, not enough to do any kind of physical damage). It didn't keep working off the battery as if the power was lost, it died instantly. The light for the power supply doesn't light up when I plug it in like it used to, and when I hit the power button it doesn't flash the power light to indicate no battery charge as it used to. It's now a fancy paperweight, and I'm not getting any kind of repsonse out of it.

So, how do I fix it? What parts could have fried like that to where I wouldn't get any kind of response from the computer at all? Please, any and all advice would be GREATLY appreciated! I've had this laptop for a while, and it would be nice to have it for a while to come smile.gif Thanks in advance.

Woody

i do not think your laptop is fried but think if when it was plugged in was it charging? the charger is probaly fried not the laptop what type of laptop is it will help.

Yeah, like I said, the battery was working fine, and when the battery would normally go dead the power light on the computer would flash indicating the battery has no charge. Now the light doesn't flash at all.

It's a Compaq Presario C500

Back
Top Bottom