Guru Lounge

Would this work? To also add as a reward for being a guru, the guru lounge? This could be created by having another part of the forum shown only to members in the guru group. The lounge would be sort of a VIP place. Here you'd be able to, no offense, have actually intellectual discussions. I don't mean to discriminate on lower ranked members. The only reason I call it the "Guru Lounge" is because any guru can join. However, at the "first" sign of immaturity, the person would be kicked out of the lounge. From 'A True Folder's' post in the Social Lounge about the decline occurring at CF, even if slight, I think it would be nice to have a place where the status can be maintained at a high level. I also don't see this as being unfair because everyone is going to need 1k posts and good behavior. I also don't think it would add to costs nor significantly increase moderating work, as the high level of the lounge itself should prevent this.

Why's that? It's not going to hurt anyone. At Zer0Cool's (sorry if I misspelled) thread he asked whether there was anything new you get for being a guru. I think having a Guru Lounge might be the extra push to motivate an interested new comer into sticking around. The world has always had it's social classes, every country has them, every age has them. This would be a great "simulation" of such reality. It would also be even better as people get to move up in rank, much like the user status. I don't see one thing wrong with this idea. But if you have an argument, enlighten me.

I didn't know this site was about ranks... Being in the Air Force though it's kind seems Important.lol
em0132.gif

I didn't know this site was about ranks...

By ranks I meant the titles underneath your name, that's all. Additionally, this is the kind of post I'd like to avoid in such a "elite" forum. When people write, they do not think of how others might take their writing. From your post, I got the vibe that you were being sarcastic, and I may well be way off. However, by adding simple details to your writing you can avoid such a thing (I'm not trying to attack you in anyway, just using your post as an example). Overall, what I mean by intellectual thread and "elite" lounge is the following: A place where, for once, users can seriously speak/debate a topic without sarcasm, jokes, or personal attacks. The only difficulty is: it's very hard to write in such manner where the audience will receive the tone in the message was supposed to be delivered. Having a "elite" forum would eliminate such misunderstandings because the precedence should already be set by the definition of such forum.

edit: @J: You keep saying such forum would not succeed, but, frankly, I don't see why. I don't see how it can cause a problem.

edit2: Reading back, I see where you are getting the ranks from. This forum shouldn't be about ranks, and that wasn't my point. I actually failed at delivering it, so let me try and reword:

My point was that higher classes in the world experience privileges not given to lower classes. At CF, I think it would be a good idea to have a forum where members who have devoted time and effort into improving such a community have a place to peacefully discuss intellectual and personal matters without the distraction, disapproval, and ridicule of newcomers who have no contribution to the community. It would be the privilege of the "senior" members.

I Think Guru's should get some sort of reward for devoting there time to helping people,not sure what,but it would be nice for a change.....

I know what you mean though. To where you can have a certain group of people see a hidden forum.. With Vbulletin. I'm not really sure if it has that feature though. Unless a Admin sets you to the group manually.

My problem with this idea is the roots, Guru, stay around long enough and regardless of if you post crap or not eventually you become a Guru.

I have to agree with 01001010 and say I don't think that it would be beneficial to the forum as a whole.

@ 01001010, tried to rep ya but I need to "spread the lurv" apparently lolz

You keep saying such forum would not succeed, but, frankly, I don't see why. I don't see how it can cause a problem.

1. people would spam to get guru status to allow access
2. Everyone over 1000 posts would be posting in there meaning the rest of the forum would be less active which would mean less chance of new members.

Back
Top Bottom