How do i reformat my HDD

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ok im going to be selling my Laptops HDD and i need to know how to format it and remove all data on it

im using Windows XP SP2 i believe... ill look for that though thanks... will this remove everthing like i never even touched it?

ok i searched for disk management and couldnt find it... i did find a disk clean-up though... and will that program leave windows on the HDD, well if im selling it on ebay or something should i leave the OS on there

i also found a computer management option

ok i searched for disk management and couldnt find it... i did find a disk clean-up though... and will that program leave windows on the HDD, well if im selling it on ebay or something should i leave the OS on there

No. Do not just leave your XP on there, your files will be easily accessed. Completely wipe your hard drive with the program I linked on my first post. If you are selling only the hard drive, it won't do any good to leave the OS installed anyway as the person that buys it will have to install their own OS with their own license.

FYI, to get to Disk Managment, click Start, right-click on My Computer, click Manage.

Back
Top Bottom