Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E7010.....wont bootup

devils_e7010

Beta member
Hi all

Ive got a Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E7010, its about a 3 odd years old, it worked fine until .....

during use it froze........i rebooted it and the following symptoms now occur ..

When the laptop has been off for a while ( few days) upon bootup

...the fan kicks in, laptop tries to bootup, i enter the 4 digit pin, and if all this is done quickly it gets stuck on the "Fujitsu Siemens screen" , sometimes you can still hera the fan working whilst stuck on this screen.

if i try to reboot it at this stage, i dont even get the key symbol to on the little LCD display to enter my 4 digit pin. the fan continues to run, the screen is blank and on the LCD display you can see he power supply symbol ( bat or mains) and a circle with a "z" at an angle in it.

Any ideas???

cheers all

Sam

Sounds like a CPU, hard drive or memory issue. Have you tried booting to a boot disk? If you can boot to a boot disk and that works then your CPU and memory might not be burnt up, it could just be a hard drive issue. But if you can' even get far enough to use a boot disk then your CPU or memory is probably toast. I suppose it could also be a bios issue, or a problem with the motherboard but I doubt it.

Sounds like a CPU, hard drive or memory issue. Have you tried booting to a boot disk? If you can boot to a boot disk and that works then your CPU and memory might not be burnt up, it could just be a hard drive issue. But if you can' even get far enough to use a boot disk then your CPU or memory is probably toast. I suppose it could also be a bios issue, or a problem with the motherboard but I doubt it.

That narrows is down alot.
It sounds like a hard drive isssue. Try booting to a disk.

Back
Top Bottom