Little Woofer help (sub woofer/audio)

superman22x

Golden Master
So I read some other guys thread about car audio, and I have decent speakers, a pioneer head unit that isnt too bad, but no sub. So my music gets pretty distorted at any volume.... I have a regular cab Ranger though.

I found this though:
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=530&i=236RMP1BT4&tp=113

Way to expensive, and I dont need high qaulity audio, just a little better in the base range. So, my dad being a very good carpentor, do you think we could make something like that and get decent sound out of it, depending on the qaulity of the woofer I pick up? Also, do I need an amp or what else? Might pick up another set of 6x8 speakers for the front too. Mainly I listen to rock; Velvet Revolver, Metallica, GnR, Motley Crue, Seether, Rage, Audioslave.... So I need some base for those I think.

I'll PM you my AIM screen name.

And no, that thing is a piece of crap for 400$....

Yea, I'm sure you can find some free guides online on how to make a sealed woofer enclosure. For rock, a sealed enclosure is what you want.

But yea, grab ya a decent Alpine Type-E 10" (nothing fancy, but it'll sound great.) a 150-200 Watt mono amp w/ crossover.

Also, get some filters for the front like 200-250Hz, that way the bass stays out of your front speakers so they don't distort. These filters alone will make a huge difference in sound quality.

Alright cool, thanks for the info. All I need is a 2 channel amp right? I have to have at least sterio sound.

Well if you want a sub, just get a mono. Stereo isn't effected by bass, you can hear it equally from most directions usually.

Oh, the rest of my speakers dont need to be plugged into the AMP? I dont think I need tweeters at all. I dont know how high my speakers can go if I had a woofer. With the bad bass right now, I play at about volume 15-20 of 60. On songs like enter sandman, where the beginning 30 seconds has no bass, I can get up a a good volume 45. So my sterio head unit has room for improvement if something else could handle the bass I guess.

Well you certainly could run your other speakers through an amp, but most new cars have a ground fault system wired into the stereo so you'd have to run wires to each speaker. It is worth it because you can run some bamf speakers, but it's a pain in the arse to do. Personally, I took the time to do so in my jeep and the result is great..

Back
Top Bottom