Compaq presario f500 with osx?

darknapster

Beta member
I currently have a compaq presario f500 series with an amd athlon x2 1.7 ghz processor and 2 gbs of Ram. I am currently running vista home premium on this system but I am honestly thinking of getting a mac. Does anybody know if i can take off vista and put Mac OSX on instead?

Doubt it, I know that people do it with some computers, but you have to get lucky with drivers I'm sure as if mac doesn't use similar hardware there won't be any. Aside from that it is against Apple's Licensing and hence, Illegal, so it can't be talked about on these forums. Take a look at google, I'm sure you'll bring up results of people installing it on theres.

The simple answer is that there isn't a simple answer. I have heard of people doing it but, i don't understand why. If you purchase a copy of OS X then try to install it on anything other than a Mac then you are breaking the EULA. Also, as xtremezx2 said you will have a tough time or it will be impossible for you to find some of the drivers for you hardware.

So as a beginning mac person myself, I guess the answer is GET A MAC and you will be fine.

Cheers!

whilst it may be posible with a lot of tweaking and hacking of the operating system i dont advise it because it is both illegal and wont be supported by apple or compaq in the event of anything going wrong and it will also probably be very unstable to use . If you want to use mac osx i recommend buying a mac as this is the nonly true fire way to get absolute guaranteed stability and support , also you dont necessarily have to buy a brand new expensive mac you could buy a used mac from ebay and there are often good prices on used macs

Back
Top Bottom