Do computers make you sick?

asdf1234

Beta member
I have to use a computer alot for my job, but more and more I've been getting pains when using a computer for prolongued periods of time. I've noticed side pains, head pains, and it seems like my health goes way down when I'm around computers a lot.

I'm trying to figure out why. Have you guys seen this website: http://www.rawair.net This guy is saying that outgassed chemicals from computers are to blame. But, then again, he is trying to sell air-tight enclosures.

Posture.

Get up and walk around every 30 minutes or so so your joints dont get locked up. Head pains come from the neck being locked in the same position for extended periods of time, and side pains from the way you are sitting. After your pain goes away you can lengthen the breaks to about an hour apart. And make sure when your sitting you aren't slouched forward the entire time, that'll give you migraines and severe back pain, and possibly cause permanent injury.

tl;dr Sit straight up in your chair, stretch every once in a while, get up to move around every 30 minutes-an hour.

Just getting up to go get a sip of water from a water fountain will suffice.

The air circulation of the building you are in can have an effect. If you can open your window, that may help.

Are you using a CRT monitor? If so, right click the desktop and hit properties, go to the settings tab, and hit the advanced button. Click on monitor, and look at the refresh rate. If it's at 60 hertz, set it higher if possible. You may have to drop resolution to do this though.

The air circulation of the building you are in can have an effect. If you can open your window, that may help.

Are you using a CRT monitor? If so, right click the desktop and hit properties, go to the settings tab, and hit the advanced button. Click on monitor, and look at the refresh rate. If it's at 60 hertz, set it higher if possible. You may have to drop resolution to do this though.

But.. your eye can only see an equivelant of 60Hz when looking straight ahead, anything else is just unneeded overkill.

Have you ever looked at a CRT at 60 hertz? It flickers and it gives some people headaches.

Back
Top Bottom