Gaming problems

jsalit

Solid State Member
I have been having game problems lately and i do not know why they are happening. This only happens when i play video games. Randomly it would either say "This program has stopped working", a crash dump or a freeze. I was able to play the games previously and they worked fine(about 1 year ago) but now they are not working. Other games do not work as well.

I recently bought a new graphics card, power supply, and more ram so it can not be any of those.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core 3.0ghz
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 4800
Motherboard: M2N-SLI Deluxe
Ram: 4 gig
Vista ultimate
650 wat power supply

I don't think it's your hardware; I think you have some errors on your hard drive or software is corrupted, not sure but that's what I think anyways.

Knowing the games helps, although I'd read up on your graphics card and if there are any known driver issues with it. Alot of times people use older versions of drivers.

Thanks guys, it is not my graphics cards and i do not think it is my drivers. My last graphics card was up to date and it had the same problem.

I originally had normal Windows vista. I had the problem in normal windows vista. Then, i switched to ultimate service pack 1 and the problem still remained. When i switched it took all my original folders and put it in the folder "old". I do not know if this helps but i just want to let you guys known this. When you say "software" could probably be the problem, what exactly do you mean?

I played company of heroes and medieval 2 total war about 1 year ago and it worked. At the beginning of June i got Age of Conan, a couple weeks after i bought Age of Conan is when the problem started.

At the beginning of June i got Age of Conan, a couple weeks after i bought Age of Conan is when the problem started.

Woot, yet another victim to Cage of Conan.

Run a Disk Defrag like 2 times, run CCleaner if you haven't already. I am crazy about AoC (Contradicts my name, I know) and have had many problems with AoC. If often creates LARGE .rdb files and can make a LOT of them if you don't defrag them.

I had a ton of problems with it and I downloaded Defraggler and found that I had about 10 to 15 Gb's of Fragmented data just from AoC.

A simple Defrag should fix it.

I recently just uninstalled age of conan, and the problem is still there. Should i do the defrag?

Back
Top Bottom