Car Thread!

How can you tell where the course is going? It looks so confusing, I'd like to try auto crossing some day. Probably when I have the money to fix stuff when it breaks :p

moto.jpg

SOOOOOO true...

omg so yesterday at a light my 1998 contour 2.0liter 4 cylinder freaking stalled out its an automatic but it like died and turned off...So i had to throw it in park and turn it back on and my idle is crap!!!!! i was at BK in the drive through and my car was wicked shaky and crap like it sounded like it wanted to stall out...

Edit: i just went to autozone for a free battery and alternator test, the results came back good

what the autozone guy and i think it is the fact that gas and oil is last i kew mixing with my spark plugs at least 1? or 2 of them so like yeah not enough power n crap o w/e he recomened a valve cover gasket? its only $26! woot

Was it overheating? If you remove the AC in the car it won't turn on the fans until it gets really hot.

No but i know that my spark plugs or one of them is drenched cuz a while! back in boces when i changed my spark plugs and wires and put new ones in one of them was covered in gas and oil

That is actually a common problem on the zetec motors. If you have oil in your spark plug galley you likely have a bad valve cover gasket. Now, if you have oil AND gas in the spark plug galley there are all types of problems there because there really is no way for gas to get in there except up through the spark plug hole. That is very likely not why you car isn't idling very well however, check your plugs to make sure they are gapped correctly and not fouled. Check the resistance of the wires and replace if necessary. Hopefully this helps, let me know if you still have problems, I have a zx2 that has the same engine in it.

Did you use the stock plugs, or didn't you decide to put some triple platinum crap in it. These motors have a serious sore spot for them and run like crap with them in in most peoples experience. Are you getting a service engine light on in the car?

Back
Top Bottom