hey all new to this

I highly doubt you'll be able to keep that case. If my memory serves me right, the power headers from the case are proprietary so you could only use HP bought motherboards in them. Easy way to find out is to look at the headers and see if they are stuck as one large group, or if they are a bunch of loose wires.

la010.jpg

la011.jpg

la012.jpg

It's a custom case designed for a custom board. You can buy a cheap case and either mod it or update the case for a better one as your finances allow.

well I looked maximum ram you could ever have is only 512 for your mother board. you could get a better processor I think. maybe even the video card. to make it look more like a rig you could change out the case and stuff, you get the picture.

If this is all you can afford right now then I'd say hold out a bit more. With such an extensive upgrade it would be better to just finish it off with a new build. Instead of getting the 9600GT I would get an 8800GT. It's a better bang for the buck IMO. I would also switch from OEM to Retail Vista so it doesn't give you any troubles with reformat and such. Like I stated earlier, I would wait so you can get a new build, however, if you want to make these new upgrades you will have to improve the cooling on your system and make sure the PSU can handle everything that you want to put in it.

well I looked maximum ram you could ever have is only 512 for your mother board. you could get a better processor I think. maybe even the video card. to make it look more like a rig you could change out the case and stuff, you get the picture.

You haven't read the thread fully have you? He was looking to rebuild with new parts in that case, not just upgrade with parts compatible to what he has.

If this is all you can afford right now then I'd say hold out a bit more. With such an extensive upgrade it would be better to just finish it off with a new build. Instead of getting the 9600GT I would get an 8800GT. It's a better bang for the buck IMO. I would also switch from OEM to Retail Vista so it doesn't give you any troubles with reformat and such. Like I stated earlier, I would wait so you can get a new build, however, if you want to make these new upgrades you will have to improve the cooling on your system and make sure the PSU can handle everything that you want to put in it.

for just some light gaming I would just get a cheap 8600GT or something similar, he'll need most of the money to go to other parts because if I was him, I'd scrap everything I had in that system except for the hdd, he could use it for his system/boot drive and add another for storage (music, video, pix, etc.), if he doesn't want to/know how to build, the system I linked below would be a decent enough system for what he wants to do and it has onboard HD audio, also the price leaves him some room in his budget to add memory (it only comes with 1GB and runs Vista so he'll definitely want to pick up some more memory) and a video card...

a pretty good HP deal on TigerDirect

dam thats a lot of nasty dust on the cpu fan LOL.
i would say getting a new case would be a good idea :). there are cheap and good ones out there.

Back
Top Bottom