*Now* I understand McCain and Palin

MODS: I ask you that you close this thread. Not because I want to have the last statement, but because I know it's going to get out of hand. If not close it at least keep an eye on it.

That would only enforce the feeling that we do not let you have debates. It's doing well so far, and it will be left. Afterall, right now, no rules are being broken.

IMO fighting in the armed forces is not any indication as to how good you would be at leading a country

I think so too, but it seems like every election I can remember that's played a roll. This election it's McCain that served and fought, last time around it was Al Gore bragging about how he got three purple hearts in Vietnam. Maybe they are trying to play to the veterans with that, but it doesn't work too well with a fair amount of civilians.

I think so too, but it seems like every election I can remember that's played a roll. This election it's McCain that served and fought, last time around it was Al Gore bragging about how he got three purple hearts in Vietnam. Maybe they are trying to play to the veterans with that, but it doesn't work too well with a fair amount of civilians.
it was kerry with his purple hearts, but it does play a role in getting the Vetrens and soldiers votes. if their is a president who goes a round talking about the military with no expreince in it i would not vote for him and many other people i know would not either. war and milatary is a big part of the usa whether we like it or not we are on of the most hated counties out there so we need a president who can make choices about what to do. of course most of that responsibility is on the pres's advisors so what we really need is a pres' who can make choices for good military/defense advisors.

You are only ofne of the most hated countrys due to the fact that you force your way of life on others, meddle in everyones business and warp it to your better good and randomly invade countrys.

it was kerry with his purple hearts, but it does play a role in getting the Vetrens and soldiers votes. if their is a president who goes a round talking about the military with no expreince in it i would not vote for him and many other people i know would not either. war and milatary is a big part of the usa whether we like it or not we are on of the most hated counties out there so we need a president who can make choices about what to do. of course most of that responsibility is on the pres's advisors so what we really need is a pres' who can make choices for good military/defense advisors.

You are only ofne of the most hated countrys due to the fact that you force your way of life on others, meddle in everyones business and warp it to your better good and randomly invade countrys.

England never did anything like that did it? if I remember england tried to pretty much take the world over. Germany did this type of stuff too. at least America has good intentions they are that the big stupid dog who tries to help but ends up breaking his owners lap by sitting on it.

England never did anything like that did it? if I remember england tried to pretty much take the world over. Germany did this type of stuff too. at least America has good intentions they are that the big stupid dog who tries to help but ends up breaking his owners lap by sitting on it.

England did this stuff well over a hundred years ago, it was also very different circumstances. And hey, alot of people hated them and it didn't work out too well for them.

Germany tried it, and they got pulverized and lost millions of lives.

Listening to Canadians about U.S. politics is like having Paris Hilton tell me how to install windows XP.

You won't hear me, or any one else bagging on Canadian politics, you know why? Because no one cares. Canada needs to try to stop being the United States little sister and stay out of our business.

I can only assume that you are making a stink about the Iraq war? The Iraq war was/is fine with me. Who knows how many terrorist in Iraq have been killed that would have otherwise made their way to the United States and killed some civilians? I would much rather fight that war half way around the world then in our streets here.

Dear Canadians: Please try to worry about your own country and remember to keep your jealousy in check.

Signed,
United States

I respect your post. Some of my views might be skewed, I'll admit that for sure. Being a military brat makes my views heavily biased. To me, serving your country is very important, to others it's not an interest that's shared. I think having somebody who served our country as president sets not only a good example for the US, but a good example abroad to other nations.

I will certainly agree that Obama COULD make a fantastic president. My main concern at the moment is his experience. My dad (one of the most conservative men I know) even stated that Obama could make a good president if he had experience. Being president is not the place to gain experience, senate, house, governor etc. are places to gain experience. He simply needs a bit more time in the government to be ready for such a position. I don't think he realizes how hard change can be, as much as he talks about it.

I do get carried a way sometimes with my conservative views, but I very much appreciate a mature post instead of being flamed. This is certainly a thread to be closely watched as not many here will agree on one side, which is good. Diversity is an important thing, and we certainly have that here.

Obama may not have great experience, but I think that he is smart enough to surround himself with those who do (I'm not saying Joe Bidden is good, I've never heard of him to be honest). McCain is doing the exact opposite, which I completely disagree with.

@Celegorm: I guess I was a bit too harsh, I like this thread. However I don't want to have a flame war with any member, that's why I said maybe close it. I take it back now =D

Listening to Canadians about U.S. politics is like having Paris Hilton tell me how to install windows XP.

You won't hear me, or any one else bagging on Canadian politics, you know why? Because no one cares. Canada needs to try to stop being the United States little sister and stay out of our business.

I can only assume that you are making a stink about the Iraq war? The Iraq war was/is fine with me. Who knows how many terrorist in Iraq have been killed that would have otherwise made their way to the United States and killed some civilians? I would much rather fight that war half way around the world then in our streets here.

Dear Canadians: Please try to worry about your own country and remember to keep your jealousy in check.

Signed,
United States
Were in no way jealous of you at all. We like being Canadian and virtually all of us are very proud of it. Nobody is really jealous of the US, besides third world country's.

Also, invading Iraq did not help eliminate "terrorism". The people of Iraq were fairly neutral and not hostile towards the US, and there was little to no links of terrorism. What it really did was create hostility towards the US from the entire middle eastern region, as even Iraq's enemy's now hate the US more than ever. The US hasn't even really touched the main terrorism hubs much at all, that being Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Iran.

From the Iraqi perspective, would you like it if someone invaded your country and overthrew your government and changed your life? I highly doubt you would like it. Also, the invasion of Iraq sparked a civil war in Iraq as well as some ethnic cleansing. After the military defeat of Iraq, the place turned to crap pretty quickly. Now you can see why a lot of people in Iraq are anti-American.

Back
Top Bottom