*Now* I understand McCain and Palin

This won't be locked because of some debate

lbnb6xujxgcu0.jpg

lolz.

IMO fighting in the armed forces is not any indication as to how good you would be at leading a country

In fact just judging by that i would much rather have a harvard law school graduate running my country than the alternative of a 70 year old ex navy pilot

Thats the way things get before elections the mud slinging begins with all the opponents digging the dirt on each other its a shame but it happens

what i dont get about Palin is that her daughter is pregnant at the age of 18 if my maths is right
this in my view dosent show very good parenting by her mother however the bit that gets me is Sarah palin describes herself as a bible believeing christian however she is quite happy for her child to be having sex before marriage and even become pregnant before marriage which in my view is a slight bit hypocritical of her as a christian
but she then goes on to sign the Christian Heritage Week Proclamation which honors the role chrisitianity has played in shaping the USA's heritage . how can she sign this to say she agrees with the role the proclamation plays when her own children dont even have true chrisitian values

The way I see it, Sarah Palin's family is really no different than any other American (or European) family, and sometimes family's have problems. People act as though Palin's daughter is the first girl ever to become pregnant before marriage, sadly that's becoming more and more common but why it's a bigger deal if it's Palin's daughter I don't know...what difference does it make anyway? the girl made a mistake...big whoop, I make them everyday as does everyone.

But as to Palin's faith, it's exactly that...HER FAITH. Not her daughters, or her husbands, it's her's. My parent's are Christian but they don't force me to be one (even though I am) so why would Palin be any different? you can't force your kids to believe something, they have to themselves & you can teach your kids right from wrong from daylight til dark but in the end it's their choice as to whether they do the right thing or not, and Palin's daughter made the choice to have sex...not Palin herself:rolleyes:

Besides, nowhere in the bible does it say that premarital sex is the unforgivable sin so I say lay off the kid.

MODS: I ask you that you close this thread. Not because I want to have the last statement, but because I know it's going to get out of hand. If not close it at least keep an eye on it.

I respect your post. Some of my views might be skewed, I'll admit that for sure. Being a military brat makes my views heavily biased. To me, serving your country is very important, to others it's not an interest that's shared. I think having somebody who served our country as president sets not only a good example for the US, but a good example abroad to other nations.

I will certainly agree that Obama COULD make a fantastic president. My main concern at the moment is his experience. My dad (one of the most conservative men I know) even stated that Obama could make a good president if he had experience. Being president is not the place to gain experience, senate, house, governor etc. are places to gain experience. He simply needs a bit more time in the government to be ready for such a position. I don't think he realizes how hard change can be, as much as he talks about it.

I do get carried a way sometimes with my conservative views, but I very much appreciate a mature post instead of being flamed. This is certainly a thread to be closely watched as not many here will agree on one side, which is good. Diversity is an important thing, and we certainly have that here.

Sarah Palin is dangerous, think of her before you vote for McCain.
That should read "Obama is dangerous." He has no problems using military force against Iran and wants to increase the amount of troops in Afghanistan. Nobama would also have no problem sending military forces into Pakistan even if Pakistan says he can't.

That should read "Obama is dangerous." He has no problems using military force against Iran and wants to increase the amount of troops in Afghanistan. Nobama would also have no problem sending military forces into Pakistan even if Pakistan says he can't.

He never said he wanted to use force against Iran, that's a load of bull. The only reason why Iran hasn't been attacked it because it has a far larger military than the United States. It's far more dangerous than Iraq to the national security of NATO country's, as well as the worlds worst place human rights wise.

Also, increasing the amount of troops into Afghanistan is a great idea, as they are having a real tough time there and apparently it's starting to get worse.

By the way, the US has already attacked targets inside of Pakistan, it's not a new idea. Obama just wouldn't hide it and step up the attacks. There would be no military retaliation from Pakistan, despite the fact they would be quite upset.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7616005.stm
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2008\09\16\story_16-9-2008_pg1_3
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/...eged-us-attack-in-border-region--summary.html
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c7e4d2e4-812c-11dd-82dd-000077b07658.html

He never said he wanted to use force against Iran, that's a load of bull.
Hmm. . .

Obama: Iran threatens all of us
Sen. Barack Obama said Friday the use of military force should not be taken off the table when dealing with Iran, which he called "a threat to all of us."

Speaking before a pro-Israel crowd at a downtown hotel, Obama also repeated his call for a phased pullout of U.S. troops from Iraq and strongly backed a strong U.S. relationship with Israel.

Obama said global leaders must do whatever it takes to stop Iran from enriching uranium and acquiring nuclear weapons. He called Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "reckless, irresponsible and inattentive" to the day-to-day needs of the Iranian people.

The Iranian "regime is a threat to all of us," Obama said.

While Obama wouldn't rule out force, he said the United States should engage in "aggressive diplomacy combined with tough sanctions" to prevent Iran from becoming a nuclear threat.

He really doesn't like them Iranians do he?

The way I see it, Sarah Palin's family is really no different than any other American (or European) family, and sometimes family's have problems. People act as though Palin's daughter is the first girl ever to become pregnant before marriage, sadly that's becoming more and more common but why it's a bigger deal if it's Palin's daughter I don't know...what difference does it make anyway? the girl made a mistake...big whoop, I make them everyday as does everyone.

But as to Palin's faith, it's exactly that...HER FAITH. Not her daughters, or her husbands, it's her's. My parent's are Christian but they don't force me to be one (even though I am) so why would Palin be any different? you can't force your kids to believe something, they have to themselves & you can teach your kids right from wrong from daylight til dark but in the end it's their choice as to whether they do the right thing or not, and Palin's daughter made the choice to have sex...not Palin herself:rolleyes:

Besides, nowhere in the bible does it say that premarital sex is the unforgivable sin so I say lay off the kid.
Well if her family has problems like this do you really think she is fit to be vice president and in event anything happens to mcain president ?

I think its a big deal because when you are running for government office your whole life and that of your familys will be scrutinized and use against you .I just think its hypocritical how she says she is a christian however she is quite happy for her daighter to be doing this sort of thing at the age of 18 , and i know it dosent say in the bible sex before marriage is a sin however it is one of the attitudes of most branches of Christianity

I see Lac3y is well versed with the left wing liberal talking points. But then, he is British. . . :rolleyes:

ok then you have made a sarcastic comment now about the left wing points which shows you must disagree but you havent posted any of the right wing anti obama points why not ? or are there not any ?
because if not dont come in here and ruin what was a perfectly good political discussion with your stupid sarcastic comments if you have something to say then say it don't be sarcastic about things

Hmm. . .

Obama: Iran threatens all of us

He really doesn't like them Iranians do he?

about time a politician from America identified the real threat in the middle east right now and that real threat is Iran they have the capabilities to be much further on with development of wmd's in particular nuclear weapons than Iraq ever where and the Iranian president hates the west with a passion and some have said he is a bit of a lunatic so i dont think he would think twice about launching terrorist attacks against the west and so i dont see anything wrong with obamma hating the Iranians

Chicken said;
"*Poverty. Obama was in it, and he got out. why do the rest of the people in poverty need special help?"

He was raised by his grandparents, went to private school in Hawaii.
His grandmother was VP of a bank he was never impoverished.

He is friends with Bill Ayers a terrorist.
He has done Coke and smoked pot.
He was mentored by a Marxist Sal Alinsky..to whom "change" means redistribution of wealth.
He is the most liberal Senator and has accomplished nothing while being in office.
Yet a moral upstanding VP candidate has to be maligned as a religious freak and have indecent juvenile statements placed under her picture in this forum, sad.
Liberals are always on the personal attack because their policies are all communist, and wrong.

Back
Top Bottom