question...

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
how come when i right click on my desktop in xp, the menu doesn't load quick, but stalls everytime?
by menu i mean where there is the properties, refresh, new...etc.

is this normal?
i've never had this happen before.

Check to see what's running and or loading at boot-up. That is not normal. The menu should pop-up quickly.

what should i be looking for?
this is after i installed a new videocard. could not having the minimum required watts be an issue. its says 300watt...my current psu is only 185watt.

(i do have a 350watt on its way...ordered it a couple nights ago)

btw...if i count...its about 2 seconds before the menu loads. seems long compared to other machines i have and have sat at.

I dunno, maybe programs that are memory intensive, anything you don't need to run at boot like messengers, music services, etc.

Did you install the newest drivers for the video card?

It could be power related, but I can't be certain.

i will try the drivers from the website.

i think it could be a power thing...possible, cause even the hdd is making the odd noise...not like its dieing its more like its barely getting the right amount of power. i will leave it for now, i will update the drivers, and then wait until i install the new psu and see if the problems get fixed.

ty for your help Atomic Rooster :)

me too..i'll let you know how it goes. i just did a driver update...aka installed the newest drivers from nvidia's website...and yet its still kinda slow. well i'll see if it is a result of not sufficient power to the video card.

cause also, the righ click menus work fast everywhere else, like in the browsers, in my computer, on the start menu....its only slow when i'm accessing graphic related things. so maybe infact it could be a lack of power to the vga.

well i'll let you know how things turn out after i get this psu in the comp.

its better for me now. its actually much faster at times. but it most definitely is random.

Back
Top Bottom