My new build! =)

rohan23

Fully Optimized
Here is my new build. I didn't spend a lot of money because I didn't have a lot of money, haha! I still need to purchase a new graphics card. I'm thinking about one between these cards.

1) PNY 8800 GT 512MB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133232

2) ZOTAC GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500006

i'm open to suggestions. I'm just looking to play Crysis at high and not spending 200 dollars. I can spend around 125 for the card. It's not a lot, but it will get me something decent. If you have a suggestion, go for it.

Motherboard: ASUS P5QL PRO
Processor: Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz
Memory: Kingston HyperX 1GB RAM (2 sticks not running in dual channel)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 2600 PRO PCI-Express x16 512 MB *looking for a new card*
Hard Drive: Western Digital 320GB 7,200 RPM Internal Drive
Case: Tricod 9003 with a 500 Watt Power Supply

I know it's not an amazing computer. For me, it's more than enough. I was on a very strict budget. So, I wasn't expecting a dream PC.

It sounds great! I have a similar build that I just put together and its close to yours, I was especially impressed with ASUS, if you have a chance, im working on an uber gaming machine, look up the ASUS pinot noir. Insanity but I would hella love to go with a machine that huge. BTW I have heard some good things about the sapphire's, I am only running 8400GS so I am also looking to upgrade.

Thanks kozmik_kaz! I looked up the ASUS Pinot Noir and it looks crazy! I'd kill for a motherboard like that. It's too pricey for me though. Since you have a system setup similar to mine. Can you recommend any graphic card for me? I'm dying to play Crysis on high settings. Sadly, my 2600 can't handle at all high settings. Try overclocking your CPU to 3.0Ghz. It's blazing fast! Just use the AI Suite software. Change the multiplier to 9 and the frequency to 333.

Yes, sadly the pinot noir is out of my reach to, but it is ok it will be fun to build a new water-cooled beast someday. AI suite is a pretty good software for the motherboard and AI tweaker is perfect for OC. I had mine OC to 3Ghz, and loved it, but I didnt need that much power for what I am doing so I tuned it back down. I have a thermaltake CPU fan that I feel I could have done a better job selecting, so I dont quite trust it yet, but its at a easy 15C idle, and 40-42C full load so Im not complaining. Yet. lol How is the new rig?

Back
Top Bottom