*Now* I understand McCain and Palin

Also, Palins husband is also a Yu'pik (Inuit) Native. Or at least part Native, so I can relate to why he as well as other Yu'pik would want a free Alaska, they have more of a claim to it, to make it free through treaty's which have not be honored. I'm between 1/3rd and 1/2 Creek/Cherokee/Choctaw and although I've never been a part of one, there are several very active movements going on now for complete Native sovereignty in the Lower 48 because of broken treaty's the the U.S. Governments and State Governments won't honor. But complete Native sovereignty will never happen though, and neither will Alaskan Sovereignty. But I can still sympathize with Palin's husband,

I'm a cherokee, and last time I checked ALL of the United States used to belong to all of us natives before the europeans decided to call it the new world

I'm a cherokee, and last time I checked ALL of the United States used to belong to all of us natives before the europeans decided to call it the new world

Osiyo! do`hi tsu? Du tsi woni Tsalagi?:D

That's cool dude, how much Cherokee are you? it's always nice to see another skin on here:p

...you guys are twisting the politicians words and statements. This is why I'm sick of both Obama and McCain. All you hear is "McCain said this about Obama" and "Obama said this about McCain." There's no real talking about policies, it's all everyone just ripping on each other.

Honestly, I like McCain, except for one thing. The whole abortion deal. Abortion should be an option for anyone. No politician is the the place to make that choice for everyone else. Rape? High school/college student? Adoption isn't always the solve-all answer, the stress of pregnancy is incredible.

Oh, and I don't trust Sarah Palin one bit. Something about her is just...weird.

Hello Mr. Obama is even more scarier. The demos are complaining about our second person not having experience, well your first candidate has no experience. That tends to be a bit more important.. Palin at least has a record of MANY great changes in Alaska. Nobody here could probably tell me something Obama has changed.

* Lets trust a man that doesn't salute our flag.
* A man that didn't fight for our country.
* Has no track record of change.
* Thinks our country has 53 states.
* Wants to get rid of our nuclear weapons.

Yea, sounds like a great guy. :rolleyes:

Just because you don't fight for your country doesn't mean you're not patriotic. Obama has an education. McCain went to multiple colleges and fought in war. Just because he can shoot a gun doesn't mean he will be a good President. You want someone who is old and has old values to run a country in a new age? People who think like this, no offense, have no common sense. Adults have a really hard time adapting to new things. Taken language for example. A kid will learn a new language in 6 months while submerged in it and have no accent, an adult will take even longer. The older your are the harder it is to change. I promise you, if McCain runs this country, China will economically take over the world much quicker than if Obama runs the country. Ultimately, it is inevitable that the US will lose it's position as the #1 country in the world. No empire or country is history has ever dominated the world. There's always a place that will outgrow it.

You also attack Obama for not having a track record of change, I won't argue here is I do not know for sure. However attacking him for making a verbal mistake is inadmissible. How would you like if everyone at CF thought of you as an incompetent for misspelling a word? Bullzi, I highly respect you, but I completely disagree with this argument. You surely can have your views and such, but some of the things listed are completely irrelevant. Obama is not stupid. He says he will rid the US of nuclear ammunition (not sure whether this is true or not, I've been out of it for a while with school and such) but in reality there will be some stored. You may not know about it, but I guarantee you.

MODS: I ask you that you close this thread. Not because I want to have the last statement, but because I know it's going to get out of hand. If not close it at least keep an eye on it.

IMO fighting in the armed forces is not any indication as to how good you would be at leading a country

* If you graduate from Harvard law School, you are unstable.

* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.

In fact just judging by that i would much rather have a harvard law school graduate running my country than the alternative of a 70 year old ex navy pilot

...you guys are twisting the politicians words and statements. This is why I'm sick of both Obama and McCain. All you hear is "McCain said this about Obama" and "Obama said this about McCain." There's no real talking about policies, it's all everyone just ripping on each other.

Honestly, I like McCain, except for one thing. The whole abortion deal. Abortion should be an option for anyone. No politician is the the place to make that choice for everyone else. Rape? High school/college student? Adoption isn't always the solve-all answer, the stress of pregnancy is incredible.

Oh, and I don't trust Sarah Palin one bit. Something about her is just...weird.

Thats the way things get before elections the mud slinging begins with all the opponents digging the dirt on each other its a shame but it happens

what i dont get about Palin is that her daughter is pregnant at the age of 18 if my maths is right
this in my view dosent show very good parenting by her mother however the bit that gets me is Sarah palin describes herself as a bible believeing christian however she is quite happy for her child to be having sex before marriage and even become pregnant before marriage which in my view is a slight bit hypocritical of her as a christian
but she then goes on to sign the Christian Heritage Week Proclamation which honors the role chrisitianity has played in shaping the USA's heritage . how can she sign this to say she agrees with the role the proclamation plays when her own children dont even have true chrisitian values

basically you vote for macane
Sarah will be your president in a year

That's what I've been thinking.

McCain goes on in his speeches about Czechoslovakia. Fair enough, but Czechoslovakia hasn't existed since circa 1993.

He also goes on about the Iraq-Pakistan border and how terrorists are hiding there :rolleyes: No such border, sir.

He's showing signs of slowing up mentally, what if his mind wanders and he develops Alzheimer's or something? You get President Palin in charge whose presidency will consist of rampant bear shooting, all Americans will have 10x AK47s by law, abortion is punishable by the death penalty for the mother and her whole family, and the driving age is reduced to five years old with the drinking age increased to ninety.

Face it, McCain has basically won the election by default and Bush/Cheney have made sure their Empire will last for a thousand years. Obama will never ever win despite how different and charismatic he is.

What is democracy when the election is built on FUD, propaganda and smear campaigns? Seriously, why bother?

Sarah Palin is dangerous, think of her before you vote for McCain.

1) In before the lock

2) Lets take obama's policy:

*kids must have health insurance- gee, don't ya think that the insurance companies will exploit this for profit?

*disabilities- we have a federal law to take care of this. Now anything you face is all up to you to get out of. If Oprah can do it then anyone can. Don't give me that minority in the inter-school my parent's don't make enough money to get into a good school crap. Get straight A's, and be a well rounded student, I'm sure you can get into a good college with that.

*Simplified tax code. I'll give him that. I like it.

*Faith. He talks about being religious, but wouldn't that interfere with the separation of church and state? I know McCain is too (at least I think he is), but personally, I think both need to leave it out.

*Homeland security. We were hijacked by men with box cutters. I think all Americans need is a mandatory self defense lesson before they are 18 and that will stop the problems with the hijackers.

*Poverty. Obama was in it, and he got out. why do the rest of the people in poverty need special help?

Go McCain. Aside from the Iraq War (if they want freedom, let them get it), and strengthening of Medicaid (keep medicare, abolish medicaid), I like his platform. It will actually work. He thinks like a logical human being.

Know why the market crashed these past few days? Because thanks to that crap-ass ruling for Roe-Wade we now no longer have a population to buy the houses for sale.

edit- and for those inept people who think the electoral college will fix the election, think again. Just because you have the popular vote doesn't mean you win. Republicans realize you need 51% to win the state, so thats what they campaign for. And they know what states are gonna be given to the Democrats, so they don't put their campaign there. So by focusing on what they need to win, instead trying for 100% in every state, they will go for 80% where they can win, and 0% where they will never win.

Back
Top Bottom