case cables. what am i looking for?

amp27

Daemon Poster
so i am buying a case for my computer and it is a full case and the reveiws say the front panel cables are not long enough to reach the pin headers if you pinheader is on the bottom of the mobo. mine are on the bottom. so what and i looking for. like name wise. something to make the front panel wire longer. that also includes the usb roots.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811166004

The majority I've come across are 9 pins on a 10 pin header if you know what i mean. I think there the right ones. Be a while since i looked at any mobo usb headers.

The only problems I read read about consistently with that case is that the front panel is flimsy, it's loud, and the only cables you may have a problem with are the audio and USB cables which are located at the very top front of the case.

Using the link provided by hedoe, you may need one of these 12" 10-Pin Internal USB 2.0 Extension Cable

I can't find anything for the audio out cables. Do you even use the front audio out connectors?

Judging from the pics of the case on Newegg, it would appear that the cables are plenty long. They all appear to be able to reach the bottom of the case quite easily. If the top USB and Audio cables are a bit on the short side, simple fix may be to to route them under the motherboard.

so newegg dont have anything. i ordered the case. ill just hope they work.

Back
Top Bottom