Delete question

Celticsfan

Banned
I have a program that will not work correctly and I want to delete from my system. I would like to do it through DOS but I am not sure how. Can someone please help me with this.

thx

You would be better off to uninstall the program from within Windows. Just deleting the program files does not totally remove the program. There are registry entries that are still there unless you uninstall.

Well, in DOS it's just DEL .. or DEL Tree or something like that. And yes, you can just use help, it's not that hard...

You can just go to add/remove programs.
Or with most programs you can just go to the program files, open up the folder of the program and look around in there. There should be an UNINSTALL or UNIST or something to that effect... but again what Atomic said, you still have to delete it out of the registry if you just delete the files. All DOS is going to do is delete the files, you can just delete the folder out of your program files and it will have the same effect.

run regedit and it will be under Hkey.. um.. localmachine then software. I'm not looking at it so I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's right.
Good luck. And don't go deleting stuff you don't know what is in the registry.

-Q

Back
Top Bottom