A Computer Story...

Rockwall

Baseband Member
In my early days of using computers, i was built up in excitement when my parents told me they would buy a computer for me. We lived in a small town, and there was only one computer service in town to go to. At the time i was still really noob at computers and so i had no idea how bad this guy nailed us till a couple years later. The computer we got, was just a case, with a very cheap motherboard, and a AMD 1.6 ghz processor with 256kb of SDRAM(Oh my god... sdram...um.) This computer served its purpose until it began to have such a bad streak of luck, it is now a legend to me and my computer buddies. The reason? well. For starters that computer has been struck by lightning a total of 8 times, via the Network cord and power cord. The first time it fried the intergrated network adaptor, but the system ran fine. Secondly, for years the fan on the heatsink never since we got it. Third, its fell down, 4 times down a stairwell that was moderatly steap. And lastly.. it has never been shot off in the past 5 years other than a couple of power outages. And this thing still runs just like that day it was made. Bad thing is IT COST 600 DALLORS WTH!? (I now use this computer to store my cousin and I's company database)
The specs.
1.6ghz AMD Athlon
18 Gb HD 2mb buffer
cd-rom
Some motherboard, i couldnt make out the name.
A EXTREMELY heavy mid tower case that i think was made from pure iron or something...
Generic ram... who knows what it is.
Sorry for the random topic i was bored :p

here here!
mine got deleted
i was retarted and deleted the Windows file
then i took it appart and looked at the 5.5" floppy and all of the other parts :D
that was cool

Back
Top Bottom