Motherboard and Processor! =(

nexusbird

Solid State Member
Ok well i am wanting to upgrade my computer, i found out that my motherboard is quite old, MIS 661fm series, but my knowladge of this type of stuff is limited, i am just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what motherboard i should get and what processor to get with it, i would like a duel core processor so i can do more things. any reply are welcome.

What kinds of things will you be doing? Video editing, Spreadsheets, Gaming....etc. Give us more specifics of what you need so we can recommend you the right parts and stuff.

sorry that would be a good idea haha, well i do gaming, 3d modelling, and then just general things like watching movies, surfing the net.

Personally, i like Asus motherboards although i hear good things about gigabyte ones too. Im a fan of AMD processors mainly because i believe them to be more reliable than intel processors. I would recommend the M2N-Sli Deluxe Asus motherboard paired with a AMD athlon X2 black edition. That setup worked great for me, and with good ram and video card will be able to handle most games you toss at it. But prolly listen to the Guru's, im still just a newbie poster :p

Intel DP35DP motherboard. It's so flexable it's incredible. I have one and I'm just scraping the tip of the iceberg in what it can do. I have a 6420 core2duo running at 2.13 with 2 gigs of 667 ram. It will support a quad core and lots o ram. A lot of bang for the buck. And it will support a true 64 bit OS.

Graphics im not sure, i like to stick with nVidia Geforce only because ive had bad experience with Radeon cards. For that setup i would recommend at least a Geforce 9 series graphic card. The 9800GT Ultimate runs awesome for me and its a good price. Unless your on a real tight budget. Be sure though that if you do get a Geforece 9 series graphic card, you get a power supply that can support its power usage. Asus as a recommended power supply calculator located here.. http://support.asus.com/PowerSupplyCalculator/PSCalculator.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
Just put in the system specs, and it will tell you what power supply you should have.

Actually i would recommend this Processor, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103773
with the M2N-Sli Deluxe that should exceed your needs and more.

I personally have the best experiences with ASUS. I have had a GIGABYTE, MSI and EVGA and I have liked ASUS the best. For Multitasking and media editing go with a Quad core Q series by intel. My current build is great and under $700. I only run Adobe premier 6.5 and Photoshop CS2 so im not sure about premier pro or later. If you are also looking into overclocking ASUS makes some great software (AI tweaker) that you can run from BIOS or OS.

kk guys, im thinking of getting these

Asus M2N-SLi Deluxe (Socket AM2) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

{edit: i was looking for this motherboard on newegg and they didnt have it so what about this one ? ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard}

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ 3.00GHz (Socket AM2)

Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C4 TwinX (2x1GB)

HIS ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express)

-
on another note, newegg? is this a reliable website for getting your computer parts? its pretty cheap compaired to where im buying my stuff from.

Back
Top Bottom