Is this a decent computer?

newbie1323

Baseband Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI, this is my first time building a computer and cos im on a poxy bodget ive shopped around till the cows come home buying decent components as cheap as they come and before i braught i wanted to cheak what people thaught. This is primaraly intended for gaming and internet vids. here we go

AMD X2 Dual Core AM2 Athlon 64 6000 3.0GHz
Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
corsair xms 6400 2 gig
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 512MB SLI PCI Express Graphics Card
ThermalTake Mambo Case Black

total: just under 300

my own 500w power supply
good quality hard drives planning to be in raid 0 + optical drives

please leave any comments, good or bad
thanks in advance

where is your mobo?
thats going to determine alot of what you can do
but if you have a motherboard that can accept everything that you have listed
then it would be a pretty decent pc IMHO
so here is a bump

With that system, you should be able to run most current games high settings.

if i were you though id get a board with crossfire capabilities, and go a little higher with the processor, just to extend the amount of time before having to update your system.

and besides, the things you can do with crossfire are just amazing

crossfire is the ati version of SLI right? if so, ill upgrade a procceccor cos i cant be bothered to go and find another botherboard and graphics card/s. ill go AMD Phenom

what do you mean "when you bump the unlocked multi. And im in the uk, does anybody know a good website to get computer stuff from. also is there are reason why nobobdy is talking about sli, the reason im usign nvidia and amd is cos its slightly cheaper and ive got a tight budget as you can tell from the amount im spending on this

good sites are newegg.com, tigerdirect.com also tigerdirect.ca for canada are all good sites to get computer stuff

edit: I don't know if newegg is available in the uk

Back
Top Bottom