Laptop buying, graphics advice

Would you say that advent is a bad enough brand to not warrant getting the better specs for the same price?

Well i have never actually heard of Advent before,and i tend to buy brand name items when it comes to expensive stuff like a laptop,Plus it's refurbished.

Also,I Have to say toshiba's customer service is great! Unfortunately i have had to get my laptop repaired due to a power supply problem (2 months old) Which is bad,but when i rang them up they organized a courier to pick it up and everything! Plus i was speaking to australians,Not indians! (No Offence implied)!

But i still recomend the toshiba from personal experience with different toshiba laptops.

I Recently got rid of a 23 year old laptop,Running windows 3.1,black and white screen it worked PERFECTLY Except for the floppy drive and it was a toshiba,back in my n00b days i had a few toshiba laptops and i put them through HELL and they all worked fine!

So,Props to toshiba :D

Although i have heard of some members having toshiba laptops and different problems going wrong with them,so all i can say is do your research (Google reviews and such) when buying/choosing a laptop.

I know that Intel has awful graphics processors, but I have also seen that the x3100 actually can run COD4, and so there'd be no issue running HL2 I'm sure.

My old PC has a Geforce 4 mx 440 which runs half life 2 quite well, so I don't think you'll have much of an issue.

look into a laptop with a Nividia 8400 or something, there cheap now.

i run CS:S, HL2, HL2 EP1 on almost full, and EP2 on medium
wrd! i run an XPS M1330 and my friends have played Crysis, COD:4 and CS:S on it for extended periods of time without any problems. remember to replace the stock TIM with AS5 or AS Ceramique.

Ok, that's nice and all but really doesn't help me with my question. I have chosen my budget and the 3 laptops I'm choosing between, and would like help deciding please.

Back
Top Bottom