need help identifying pci-e slot

Can you give me the name of the graphics card? Assuming it's a 7xxx series or later it should work on slot 1. However, there are some 7xxx series that use the AGP interface and those would not work. I'm not sure if there are any 6xxx series that use PCI-E x16, but it is possible.

It is a PCI-e card so it should be compatible, it would be easier if you just told us what it is instead of putting up a pic with no description, we do know a little bit about computers you know. ;)

ok thanks for the answer also do i have to take any precautions when installing this because the graphics on my comp is already on board? and also i heard that people destroy their graphics card because of static shock. and also what is this sli crossfire thing i keep hearing about which boosts performance?? thanks again btw

Your onboard should automatically disable when you install the new card. You will need to install drivers for the new card once it is installed.

Static can kill numerous pc parts but mainly memory is in most danger, a video card would take a major static hit to kill it, just ground yourself on a metal part of the case before touching anything inside.

Wear cotton type (non static creating) clothing when you do this install, ground yourself to the case by touching it on a metal part, best not to work standing on carpet, work on a non conductive bench.

SLi is using mutliple nvidia graphics cards on a nvidia chipset board, Crossfire is using multiple ATi cards on an Intel chipset board

thanks for the info your really helpful :) i looked up the specs for my computer :

* Dual channel memory architecture
* Two 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
* Supported DIMM types:
o PC2-4200 (533 MHz)
o PC2-5300 (667 MHz)
o PC2-6400 (800 MHz)
* Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
* Supports 2GB DDR2 DIMMs
* Supports up to 4 GB*
o 32 bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

i was thinking about expanding the memory all the way to 4gb (right now its 2 gb) because a friend told me it will run faster, how can i go about doing this?

looking at the pic you posted you're going to need 2x 2GB sticks to get 4GB as you only have two memory slots, so 2x 2GB DDR400 would be the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom