american movies...

spywarebanisher

Fully Optimized
dont you guys feel like recent american movies have some sort of unoriginal archetype that prevents any movie from being too original? almost all the new animated for kids movies, i.e. wall-e, bee movie, and whatever, almost have some sort of guideline that makes them all essentially the same movie. they have a world that is seemingly perfect where conflicts are rare, when suddenly, an individual, a stray from the conformists, discovers the obvious flaws and tries to break away from that lifestyle. even action movies have large traces of these "guidelines". in almost every american action movie, i am just predicting and predicting and going bingo everytime. its too predictable. the flow is almost obvious and the only american movies really that i watch are comedies.

dont you guys also think that american actors are a tad too exaggerated. yea, i know how heath ledger was "brilliant" in his joker act, but i really dont see what he did other than memorize a script that someone else wrote and put on a transparent personality.

it seems that the media is trying more to appeal to the general populace than to really create a moving film. i enjoyed movies such as the Joint security area because it didnt have some stupid coincidental ending that fits and locks together perfectly. it has some inner meaning that the audience has to think about to understand.

the departed, the remake of the hong kong film, infernal affairs, looked retarded in comparison to the original. the departed had one of the stupidest and unconnected endings ever that just dragged the entire movie even lower. the acting was weird, and it was just, just boring.

btw, cele, how is rep monitored?

I can agree with the first part. However Heath Ledger was absolutely stunning is his performance. There's more to acting than just reading scripts.

i dont get what made him so special.

i think a lot of it was hype because he died and i know its sad that he died but i dont think that warrents everybody praising his performance abd kabelling it as amazing if it wasnt that good whcih imo it wasnt the best ever it was pretty average tbh and i think there are quite a fewa ctors out there who could do the same if not better job of it it was after all a script and he didnt write the part himself he just said and acted as he was told

and considering his previous roles in other films being a load of crap to be quite frank i dont know how everyone can say he was an amazing actor

i think a lot of it was hype because he died and i know its sad that he died but i dont think that warrents everybody praising his performance abd kabelling it as amazing if it wasnt that good whcih imo it wasnt the best ever it was pretty average tbh and i think there are quite a fewa ctors out there who could do the same if not better job of it it was after all a script and he didnt write the part himself he just said and acted as he was told

and considering his previous roles in other films being a load of crap to be quite frank i dont know how everyone can say he was an amazing actor

yea...i think it was the hype that did it.

I think his performance as the joker was awesome. Compare all other actors in the Dark Knight film and you will see a similarity, no enthusiasm, and Christian Bale is just in a batman suit saying lines. Heath Ledger however, became a character, the Joker, something totally different from what you would expect from his persona. Its the little subtleties that make a great actor as opposed to a just a good one. I do agree that his death has hyped it up a little bit. But his acting in that movie, and others as well, is undeniable.

I think his performance as the joker was awesome. Compare all other actors in the Dark Knight film and you will see a similarity, no enthusiasm, and Christian Bale is just in a batman suit saying lines. Heath Ledger however, became a character, the Joker, something totally different from what you would expect from his persona. Its the little subtleties that make a great actor as opposed to a just a good one. I do agree that his death has hyped it up a little bit. But his acting in that movie, and others as well, is undeniable.

enthusiasm does NOT make an actor better than an actor that shows less enthusiasm. enthusiasm will sometimes actually decrease the overall quality if it is taken too far.

enthusiasm does NOT make an actor better than an actor that shows less enthusiasm. enthusiasm will sometimes actually decrease the overall quality if it is taken too far.

Rotten Tomatoes sure didn't think so.

Be not fooled, this movie may circle D.A. Harvey Dent, and may toy with Wayne's weariness and loneliness, but this story belongs heart and soul to Ledger's Joker.

...even if Ledger hadn't died, critics and audiences alike would still be buzzing about the star's turn as The Joker.

[Ledger's] manic zest gives the film its energy.

A must-see for Ledger alone, but there's more to it than that. If anything, the film is a grim portrait of our own paranoia, sense of hopelessness and selfishness.

Back
Top Bottom