What is the best computer brand?

Well look at the specs and compare them to a PC that you can make yourself, then look at the prices. Hardware wise, PC's are better. THEN, go and buy a copy of Leopard and install it on your PC and you'll have a fully working Mac.

why are you not doing it to others then? your not posting an opinion your complaining about others.

Do you enjoy criticizing every post I make on Apple? Because it's getting quite obvious that you love to find some way to bitch back at me. If you don't agree with my posts, use the ignore function. I've started using it. You should too.

Brands i have generally had good experiences with are
acer who also own gateway and e machines
dell-even though they own alienware i have seen many poor quality systems from there so only dell
hp-compaq
apple -note tey have a different os to all the others and so you may struggle sourcing softhware from local pc shops but im sure there are plenty of online retailers who can help

j it looks as if you have been a bit hypocritical here if you don't agree with one members post about apple do what you just advised others to do about your own posts they may disagree with and ignore it
and for everyone in generaly please dont turn this into a debate thread about apple or whose opinion is right because it is just an opinion and this op wanted our opinions if you wanna go debate apple please do in your own little thread however the question at hand here is what do we think are the best prebuilt systems

I have used A Dell prebuilt and would still have it if I hadn't striped it for parts to build my Intel system. It was pretty good for what it was. E-521.
As for laptops I own a Toshiba that lasted from 1995 to about 2 months ago. The drive finally pooped out. I also own 2 HP's. One is a dv6205us, little over a year old and running fine. The other is a recent acquisition. OmniBook 6000 running w2k. Nice little rig slated to be given away as soon as I get another power pack for it.
And yes I owned an old Apple powerbook. The trackball mouse went out so it got sold for parts to a local shop. It was fun to use. Different but a lot of fun.

As for buying prebuilts I'd stick with the major player in prebuilts, Dell. People think they're crap but for the price to power ratio, you could do worse.
But you don't learn any thing about your computer and any changes you want to make, well drive down a back Alabama road after a good rain and you get the idea.
Building your own is not as easy as some make it out. Putting it in the box and adding in the goodies is, but only after you do your homework. Making sure this and that part works with the motherboard. Save your self major league headaches and shop till you drop. Ask questions and get intellegent answers from seasoned builders.
Then get the best bang for the buck and go for it.

j it looks as if you have been a bit hypocritical here if you don't agree with one members post about apple do what you just advised others to do about your own posts they may disagree with and ignore it

If we follow ace777's reasoning, then the whole thing becomes a cycle.

The point I'm trying to make is, some people feel the need to bash Apple without any rhyme or reason. They do it despite having never used an Apple computer.

I personally don't like Apple. I'm not bashing it, as I have good reason. I'm very used to having the 2 button-click and not having to hold a key to get a right-click. I've been told you can get 2 button mouse for Apple, and that would really solve my problem. I also don't really like how you can open to clean it or anything. I like being able to mess with the computer lol. I could be wrong though, I may like it, I just don't know because the only macs I've used are from my school, and we all know school computers lean toward the shitty kind.

Apple computers, like all others, have their ups and downs. I just don't like the price tags.

As for HP and Compaq reliability, I've never had any problem with them. The Athlon XP 1.4 Ghz Compaq would still be working if I didn't rip it apart in my back then noobyness. It was around 6 years old at the time.

Then there's the socket A/462 Sempron Compaq that we've had for 3-4 years and it still works. I killed the CPU though because the power cable in the PSU was loose and shorted out, resulting in an endless reboot cycle until I stuck the Athlon 1.4 Ghz CPU that was in the older Compaq in. And it still works fine today.

apple's make great school/ work computers. otherwise the pc is and handles way more power and ofcourse its not as pricy.

Well im not the biggest fan of apple tbh , i think their high price tags have really put me off one and then the times i have used them they just havent worked for me like the whole interface just didn't do it for me ,nor did the whole 1 button mouse thing

i am considering buying an old mac soon to get to use one cos it is something want to do however i don't think i will ever be buying a brand new one .

another thing that puts me off their desktops is that fact that it is all built into one montiro mobo cpu etc meaning that if you fancy a bigger screen then you gotta buy a whole new machine also meaning if something goes wrong then you gotta buy a whole new everything

also i think you can get more power for your money buying a pc and im always being very concious of how much money i am spending when im buying computer components
If we follow ace777's reasoning, then the whole thing becomes a cycle.

The point I'm trying to make is, some people feel the need to bash Apple without any rhyme or reason. They do it despite having never used an Apple computer.

i agree some people say things just because of some misconceptions they have about a product but unfortunately they are entitled to their opinions about that product just as much as you are and it used to always bug me when i saw posts like that but now ive just come to ignore them

and besides if you are going on about people bashing apple people have also based dells in this thread without rhyme and reason and i dont see you jumping to their defence

Back
Top Bottom