Active Subwoofers vs Passive Subwoofers

Personally, after doing some research, there isn't really any difference...

One has an amp, and one doesn't.

It has nothing really to do with how tight the bass sounds.

The only difference that may be, is if the sub has an amp in it, like an Active does, then the equalisation may be slightly better, since it isn't controlled by passive crossovers, so it can be programmed more for the sub in question.

In terms of performance though, there isn't really much in it I don't think.

BUT, In terms of features,
I'd prefer a passive, as the amp you'd have to use with it is probably a lot better to manually configure, and may offer more sound features.

I guess I don't know much, But Passive doesn't use an amp to my understanding, and amp = better? lol

nvm the man behind the curtain

I think getting a good quality sub like REL or something and the debate and ported/enclosed is more important than whether its active or passive

I know I don't know that much about this, but when it comes to lower end stuff, you want active. passives are just too quiet without a good/loud amplifier.

flame errrrr.... correct me!

I think getting a good quality sub like REL or something and the debate and ported/enclosed is more important than whether its active or passive
QFT

Active or passive is not what you should be worried about. If you want awesome bass then you need good quality subs and a bandpass box. That will give you nice deep bass. You have to match the subs and the box to get the best performance, like ported/sealed/bandpass, how big to make the box....etc. Usually if you buy a box that is already loaded with subs, that stuff is already figured out for you, all you need to do is match it with an amp and hook 'er up.

Back
Top Bottom