ATI Issues

serani

In Runtime
Ok ATI is officially going to be the death of me.

I have two 4870's, that I've been playing with maximizing for some time..

Today, I decided to reinstall my 8.8 drivers, as I noticed under device manager that 8.5xx were installed (weird, thought I installed 8.7 when it was released..)

So I downloaded the 8.8 Display Driver/Catalyst Software, uninstalled my old drivers via Programs and Features, rebooted and installed 8.8

Now I'm back in my Device Manager and the Driver Version is reading 8.522

I'm running Vista64, any help is appreciated.

**Edit** Even when I uninstall the drivers, under Device Manager Version 8.5 is still showing up..prior to installing the drivers again.

**edit2** Using a program that came with my Asus Board, Six Engine..a minimal OC/monitoring tool. It doesn't recognize my GPU whatsoever..just a side note.

you are intalling the correct 64 bit drivers right? also i had this problem with my old camera i completly remove it unistalled all the drivers software and everything and then booted just from the drivers install and it worked IDK about your case though man.

Don't worry about that number, get the right number from CCC.
Bingo. Catalyst Control Center -> Information Center -> Graphics Software -> Catalyst Version.

8.9 has just been released BTW. Definitely some performance improvements.

Really? I'll have to try it out.

You know since 8.6 (I think) you don't have to restart your computer or uninstall the old drivers.

Wait where is it? I found the betas...

You always uninstall your drivers before installing new ones. No matter what the ver.

Back
Top Bottom