What is the best computer brand?

JPC-Computer

Beta member
Hi all, I am a new member and I was just wondering, if I am to get a new computer, what would be a good brand to buy? I have a 2002 Dell Desktop with Windows XP. I had a compaq laptop which had a motherboard crash so I don't trust laptops or compaqs anymore. What's good? Please help. Thanks.

Build your own, it's really easy, and everyone thinks you are a genious, but really, its just like really expensive legos.

HP Acer and Asus top my books at the moment. Just remember, just because ONE system from a manufacturer dies, doesn't mean the entire company is crap. They get their parts from the same places the rest of them do.

Asus has some of my favorite notebooks out right now, but I have to say they aren't cheap. What everyone said above sounds good, any computer can be a good one if it meets your needs. There is a chance to have one die no matter the manufacturer also. I'd go for customer support if your just an average user, HP is great when it comes to this. We use HP notebooks for the place I work and their service has been amazing.

HP Acer and Asus top my books at the moment. Just remember, just because ONE system from a manufacturer dies, doesn't mean the entire company is crap. They get their parts from the same places the rest of them do.

That's true. I had an HP a few years ago that was a piece of crap and I had nothing but trouble with it, but that doesn't mean all HP computers are bad. I currently have two HP laptops that run flawlessly and it just so happens that HP is one of the brands I always recommend to people.

Anyways, here are some good brands:
HP
Lenovo (formerly known as IBM)
Sony
Apple
Acer

Then there's always the avenue of building your own PC which I highly recommend if you have the experience. That way you get a system that's up to your personal standards, and you get better parts.

Back
Top Bottom