Plug Laptop into TV

VGA is soon going to be outphased for DVI in laptops. You buy a VGA TV right now you can use it, sure. If you buy DVI you future proof it in case you get a computer or something with DVI. Don't waste your money buying something ok if you can get something that's better. Even if you don't have DVI at all right now you could always spend like $5 on an DVI -> VGA adapter. Hell, I got 2 laying around I'll ship you one if you need it.

Never even heard of that. The point I'm trying to make, when you're going to spend a lot of money, try to buy something where you won't have to replace too soon.

VGA is still a universal format. VGA can be found on most projectors, televisions, and monitors. I've never seen a projector or television use DVI connections.

i havent read anything that says vga is being phased out on laptops in place of dvi , in fact dvi has been out long enough that if the laptop manufacturers thought it was any use for laptops then surely it would have replaced vga by now but seeing as it hasnt already i dont think it will be happening any time soon and i cant see why not tbh either seeing as both have theoretically the same max resolotion obv depending on the video card and the tv's max res's as well and vga has the advantage of being smaller which is a big deal when designing laptops whilst i have seen some dvi projectors and tv's however they are nowhere near as common as tvs and projectors with vga and i dont think that is about to change seeing as DVI has been around so long and it certainly hasnt taken off in the tv/projector market

I'm looking to buy this(link 1, link 2) ($1100 at tweeter). What can I do with it?

And, while we are here. What is the advantage of upgrading to this? ($250 more).

Thanks.

firstly good choice of brand from my expereinces samsung make brilliant quality screens

the only advantages i can see of the more expensive one is the higher contrast ratio compared to the less expensive one however im not too sure one what effects that difference in contrast ratio would givee in real life, and the more expensive one has a lower response time 4ms compared to 5ms however i honestly am skeptical that this will have any effect whatsoever and people wouldnt even be able to tell the difference

Back
Top Bottom