CF Homepage, yes or no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's pointless.

Who would maintain it and update it? If it's just going to sit there and look like something from 1994 then I'd be just as happy without it.

Waste of time and completely unnecessary.

It's not that hard to update, the thing will practically update itself especially with the news bot. Once it's up, it wont be hard to maintain.

if cf wants to become bigger and better then it needs to offer more than a forum. i feel theres so much potential for cf, but no ones taking action.
Why does it need to offer more than a forum when the name is ComputerForums? Not that a website is that bad of an idea or that news and stuff couldn't work, but when I come to a site with "forum" in the URL, I generally expect to be at a forum.

If it is consistently updated with interesting editorials and/or news, then it'd be okay and would be something different for the community, but in the end, a forum is a forum.

i would be all for the sort of thing they have over at computer vitals assuming it was a decent news bot /or someone decent with good spelling and grammar was writing the new articles

also i like the poll thing on the right hand side at computer vitals as sometimes you might wanna vote in a poll about something such as the one at the moment but not wanna go find the thread
also that way we could have news threads started off with the correct information being given and a link to the actual news source which i think sometimes can be a slight problem with people posting their own news threads

I don't really care either way. I wouldn't use it one bit though. I don't come to a forum to read news. If I want to read news i would go to a news website rather than an rss news feed. As for as maintaining it goes I think it would be maintained well for a while then it would turn into just another outdated page. The last this forum needs is another outdated page/link. No matter how good the intentions to keep it updated were it would inevitably end up in the lost interest basket along with the podcasts, the project etc IMO

Why does it need to offer more than a forum when the name is ComputerForums? Not that a website is that bad of an idea or that news and stuff couldn't work, but when I come to a site with "forum" in the URL, I generally expect to be at a forum.

If it is consistently updated with interesting editorials and/or news, then it'd be okay and would be something different for the community, but in the end, a forum is a forum.
the forum would stay exactly the same. i mean just expand it by having a portal/latest news/blog. extra features as it were. the users can then choose to use them or not.

im with dude_se we should totally do this we can expand the forums by offering new things it not expensive,hard to create, or any kind of a waste why not give it a shot some people may end up liking it man.

to almost any other forum i would say yes,

but its called computerforums its sole purpose is to be a forum,

if it was called computerstuff then yes have a homepage then forum seperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom