Looking for a new power supply

Paranormality

Beta member
I'm deciding on getting a new power supply for my computer because it seems to be either dieing, or it just really hates my computer. For the past month or so it has been shutting off on it's on. Not like powering down, just shutting off. I'm now on the hunt for a new power supply for my computer.

I don't know if these are necessary, but this is my computer:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor
3200+
1.99 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

Sound Card: Diamond Xtreme Sound 7.1/24 bit Sound Card
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT OC
Hard drives: 10GB and a 65GB, both which are internal, and an external WD 320GB which i back everything up on.

Current Power Supply specs:
(I don't know much about power supplies, so i just wrote what it said on the side of it)
Antec
AC Input: 115V/8A; 230V/5A; 60Hz/50Hz
350 Watt Output

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on what power supply i should get so my computer no longer shuts off whenever it damn well pleases?

Should the Antec Basiq 500W fit in my current case? I don't know exactly to tell how big my case is but should it fit right where my old power supply is, or is it physically bigger?

Also, should i buy anything else to help support my soon-to-be-new power supply?

Yea, I'd say his current Antec 350W PSU is a bit underpowered for that system. The 9600GT OC requires at least a 400W PSU w/26A @12V.

The best bang for your buck power supply would be the Antec Basiq BP500UB 500W for only $39.99. It's a quality unit with plenty of power for your system.

It should be a simple replacement for your current Antec power supply.

I looked my case up and i could only find one that looked the closest to it. The only differences i saw was where the power buttons were and the lack of a little vent near the bottom, and that case said it was an ATX so I'm guessing it's fine. Thanks for all the help everyone.

i'll make sure to come back to this website the next time i need computer help.

Back
Top Bottom