CF Homepage, yes or no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullzi

Fully Optimized
I and some other members think a homepage for CF would be awesome. It would add a sense of professionalism to the website and draw quite a bit more traffic. Something similar to www.icrontic.com is what I have in mind. For those concerned about quick access to the forums, we plan on having some sort of RSS feed for the homepage displaying the most recent posts, if it's a real big concern set your homepage or bookmark the forums and not the homepage.

We plan to include news, events, reviews etc. I really think if it's implemented right this could be a huge deal for CF. Neodude and I thus far are the ones planning on designing the page.

Let me know of your concerns or support, either way I want feedback.. remember, this isn't something that's just going to be put up without the approval of members, it's going to have a preview and be approved by a majority.

Neo and I are most certainly going to include things you guys want in this page, after all it's not our page its CF's page.

EDIT: Thanks to setishock, take a look at these for a reference page and see what you think. Obviously we'll change the theme a bit, but the overall idea is exactly what i was thinking with reviews and news in the middle, an updated feed of threads on the left or right w/e, etc.
http://www.computervitals.com/
http://www.animeappeal.com/

pics or GTFO

lol

i wanna see some prototypes before anything happens, but i like the idea

pics or GTFO

lol

i wanna see some prototypes before anything happens, but i like the idea

I'd like to have a completely operational website for people to check out, but we're not wasting time on something unless we get the ok from the admin and mods.

Its computer FORUMS.org for a reason. I say nay.

But now that you mention it, it could probobly give alot more advertisement real e$tate away to Dave and we could still just bookmark our own computerforums.org/forums page.

Its computer FORUMS.org for a reason. I say nay.

But now that you mention it, it could probobly give alot more advertisement real e$tate away to Dave and we could still just bookmark our own computerforums.org/forums page.

Yea, thats what i was thinking is for everybody to have a quick link to the forum. But we're going to try to keep the main page optimized for those with slower internet so the links to other areas of the site load quicker and keep the content down on the main page anyway. So even if you have to load the main page, we're talking a few extra seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom