Triple Monitor Setup?

Yeah, you can use multiple video cards, as many as you have room for. The only thing is, they are all going to display the same thing. I'm not sure how you would be able to make your desktop stretch over 3 different monitors using multiple cards. That would be awesome to do though!

sweet i didn't want to spoend 30 minuters and it not work, so can i have like 8 if i want? and does it signifigantly reduce FPS in games?

I wouldn't think it would, since whatever card you have the monitor hooked to would run the games as it normally does since it runs independently.

I'm not sure though if you'd have some kind of software or driver issues running multiple cards like that.

could i run crysis on 3 if i had my 9600 gso and 5200 fx side-by side man?

you guys are making me nervous
im about to finish my build (what i have in sig)
and run 3 monitors on it
im going to have the first card run only 1 monitor
then the other card run my other 2 in a vertical format
all 3 will be 22" widescreen LCDs
i hope that the same thing wont appear in all 3 screens!
that would suck

no ive set up my second one and its great it not a duplicate, but as for 3 im not sure.

I'm not sure if more monitors will reduce fps in gaming since I'm not a big gamer, but I have a 3 LCD setup with 2 GPUs and it works fine with the desktop stretched over all 3. To set it up for all 3 in XP, have them all connected, go to Display Properties, Settings Tab, and you should see 3 monitors showing up, some maybe grayed out. One should be set as the primary, so it will have the "Used device as primary monitor" selection grayed out, click a different monitor and click "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor", change it to the correct resolution, repeat with the other monitor. At this point, they will probably be setup wrong, as in the wrong location. You can identify the monitor numbers by clicking Identify and seeing where they are setup in Windows. Then, just drag the monitor in the settings to the correct spot you want it, side by side or up and down.

I've done this in Vista, so it's relatively the same I guess, but I don't remember how it was done as I don't have Vista installed, I was just played around with it at the time. Not sure what OS you have.

Back
Top Bottom