Plug Laptop into TV

sanka

Daemon Poster
I'm going to buy a new television soon. LCD, 37 inch, not sure what else I want. But I want to be able to plug my laptop and play movies from my laptop that I "purchased from iTunes" on my TV. What do I need on my new TV for this to be possible? Thanks.

it all depends on what inerfaces you have on your laptop for this

if you had a HDMI output on your laptop then it would be pretty simple to do as the tv would also have HDMI

our 32" lcd tv has a vga port and pc sound in port you may want to look for something with that is your laptop has vga

This is the back of my laptop. . . what can I do with this?
14746.jpg

there is an s video and a vga , i would advise using the vga as it will allow you to run a higher resolotuion in fact you can run HD resolotions through the vga port if the tv and laptop graphics allows you to

oh yer you might want to bear in mind however that if you use either of them two you are going to want a tv that has 3.5mm sound in as well so you can connect the sound from the laptop otherwise the sound will onyl come out of the laptop speakers

or if you have a home cinema surround sound system that you can connect to the laptop somehow

I would not recommend buying TV with a VGA. If you want one like that you're going to have to get an older model because most today are S-Video/DVI output. With S-Video, the only problem you get is that the TV and laptop resolutions must be matching. With an old Acer laptop I had I used an S-Video and ran 800x600 on the TV and Laptop to see the whole screen.

I would not recommend buying TV with a VGA.
Could you explain why?

If you want one like that you're going to have to get an older model because most today are S-Video/DVI output.

Most notebooks don't come with a DVI output.

With S-Video, the only problem you get is that the TV and laptop resolutions must be matching.

S-Video isn't meant for high definition video. It can't even send 800x600 to the television without down scaling the source.

I use S-Video for my PC and it works very well. It's good for games and movies, compared to using it as a comp.

i would not recomend using S video for a LCD TV

if you had an old tube tv.....maby

go with the VGA, its great

Back
Top Bottom